Chapter 163: Sweetness

Truly worthy of a shelter costing 1 billion USD, everything inside remains at the world's top standard even ten years later. With this series of network facilities, Zhang Yi can obtain external information more accurately. After all, the major domestic news channels only report entertaining news every day, though they present it as serious news.
Zhang Yi sat in a chair, starting to browse information on the international network. Currently, the intelligence he could obtain was limited to the Tianhai City area, so he was very curious about the current situation outside.After a brief browsing, the overall situation was quite similar to what Zhang Yi had expected. The extreme cold environment led to the death of the majority of living organisms. The lack of information flow made it impossible to determine the accurate number of deaths worldwide.However, according to the mathematical model of the Hopkins University underground laboratory, around 2 billion people are estimated to be left out of the initial 8.5 billion global population."Just one month wiped out nearly three-quarters of the population. Having a 5% survival rate is already quite difficult," Zhang Yi sighed.Even in such an environment, humans still had to resist the freezing temperatures, and the struggles and fights continued. The extreme cold paralyzed human production activities. There was no way to plant crops, and resource extraction was also impossible. This resulted in current global food and energy becoming limited and scarce resources.For these things, wars erupted everywhere, from individuals to small countries. Food and energy remained the most sought-after things in the apocalypse!"Fortunately, I'm not lacking in those."Zhang Yi took a deep breath, feeling fortunate for his thorough preparations. He continued browsing the web and suddenly came across information about "mutants."Mutants were the term used by a mysterious website in the United States to refer to those with mutations. The name originated from their once extremely popular comic book.Zhang Yi immediately sat up straight; this was the kind of information he urgently wanted to know. His body underwent mutation, granting him spatial abilities. But regarding mutations, he knew very little.Through online searches, Zhang Yi obtained a large amount of foreign information about mutants. First, biological mutations were widespread worldwide. So far, mutants had been discovered in hundreds of countries. This included not only humans but also mutant animals, insects, and plants.The direction of mutations varied. Some organisms experienced positive mutations, gaining extraordinary abilities different from ordinary people. Zhang Yi saw a girl in the ice and snow of a Rakshasa Bear's domain open her right hand and create a flame out of thin air. However, the flame only lasted for two seconds before extinguishing, and the girl fainted."Awakening fire abilities in such temperatures is truly... a bit tragic," Zhang Yi commented casually.Later, he saw images of other mutants on the internet. Some people's bodies became large and distorted, entirely covered in an ugly zombie green, resembling the green giant from comics. However, their bodies seemed to deviate from the human form, making them exceptionally eerie.There were also mutants whose bodies experienced division, able to detach parts of their bodies while maintaining vitality.There weren't many images available online, and some information about mutants was limited to rumors.All the mentioned cases could be considered positive mutations, resulting in biological evolution.However, there were also unfortunate individuals directly destroyed by gamma radiation, unable to gain powerful abilities and ending up distorted beyond recognition."That feeling is somewhat like creatures that have experienced strong nuclear radiation," Zhang Yi said seriously, reading all the information he could find and quietly memorizing it.So far, the number of mutants worldwide wasn't large, but surely there were others hiding their abilities like himself. This indicated that the outside world was still very dangerous.Zhang Yi became more determined to stay in the shelter."I'll go back and bring Ke'er over."Zhang Yi closed the computer, prepared his equipment, and planned to return to Yuelu District first. Love grew over time, and he had become accustomed to Zhou Ke'er's companionship. Living with a beautiful and sensible woman made life less dull.Zhang Yi completed his preparations and opened the thick metal door of the shelter. The futuristic shape and sound of the door opening made it especially captivating.Zhang Yi held a gun and stepped outside. There were a few footprints on the ground, likely left by the three Kun sisters. In the icy world, their simple clothes meant they wouldn't survive long, even if they found a house to shelter in."Is what I'm doing a bit extravagant?"Zhang Yi sighed. It must be said that the high-level Kuns in Tianhai City had high-quality elegance, not inferior to some film and television stars. Zhang Yi had promised Uncle You to find him a few good women to ease his loneliness. Initially, he did consider sending these women to Uncle You. However, after some thought, he dismissed the idea. These women were too cunning and might cause him trouble. Besides, if they managed to bewitch Uncle You, it could create significant problems for Zhang Yi."Never mind, there's nothing to be regretful about. There will always be more suitable women."While saying this, Zhang Yi walked towards the exit. He didn't plan to take out the snowmobile here. After all, snowmobiles were rare in the south, and others might identify him through this.Just as he approached Villa 204, he suddenly heard a woman's voice."Please wait!""Hmm?"Zhang Yi's footsteps hesitated. The reason he stopped was that he found this voice unusually familiar. He felt like he had heard it somewhere before, and quite frequently too."Wait a moment?"Wait for what?Wait for her husband?Thinking about it, this was a classic movie line that had once swept the entire internet, and Zhang Yi would occasionally go back to review it.He looked towards the source of the voice, and his finger rested on the trigger.At the entrance of Villa 204, a figure wrapped in a black down jacket appeared. When she saw Zhang Yi looking at her, she happily moved towards him."Please wait, I have something I want to say to you."Hearing that sweet and childlike tone, Zhang Yi thoroughly confirmed who the person in front of him was.His eyes showed a surprised and delighted expression. "Are you Big Mimi?"