Chapter 23: Water and Power Outages

Three days after the arrival of the apocalypse, the real drama officially unfolded.

Zhang Yi knew what would happen on this day, so he stayed up all night, eagerly awaiting the spectacle.

The events were rather straightforward.

Suddenly, the entire Yue Lu residential area experienced a power outage!

And not long after, due to the cascading effects of the power outage, the water supply company couldn't function properly, leading to a halt in water supply to every household.

All of this was within Zhang Yi's expectations.

After all, at the beginning of the apocalypse, no one could predict how long this extremely low-temperature disaster would last.

The authorities were still making efforts to resolve the snow disaster, thinking they could overcome it.

But as the days went by, only on the third day did they realize this was a problem beyond human capability.

With freezing temperatures, major hydropower plants shut down one by one, and thermal power plants, due to a lack of working personnel, couldn't continue generating power.

Once cities across the country depleted their stored electricity, power outages became inevitable.

At this point, only a few nuclear power plants were likely still operating, with all the electricity generated dedicated to official use.

No water, no power – the lives of ordinary people suddenly plunged into darkness!

However, Zhang Yi, having foreseen all of this, had already started two silent generators to provide power for his house.

After completing these tasks, Zhang Yi opened his phone and saw that the messages in many chat groups had reached 99+.

"Do you have electricity at your home?"

"Our house has no electricity! And the tap water is cut off too. What's going on?"

"Our house has no water or electricity! In such cold weather, air conditioning is completely unusable, and we can't even use heaters. How are we going to survive!"

"Why isn't the government coming out to handle this? If it continues like this, people might freeze to death."

Zhang Yi silently shook his head.

At this point, the authorities were too occupied to attend to everyone's needs.

To survive, one had to rely on oneself.

He also knew that from today, the real apocalypse had begun.

After losing the modern society's electricity and food, humanity would face a massive scale of death.

Thinking about this, Zhang Yi looked at his warm and secure home, filled with supplies in the space beyond imagination. A sense of warmth and reassurance filled his heart.

In the residential community group, tension and complaints filled the air.

If technology hadn't advanced to the point where phone batteries wouldn't stop due to low temperatures, they wouldn't even be able to use their phones.

But without electricity, phones would eventually become useless.

"How long is this snow going to last? We can't use air conditioning anymore, and it's more than thirty degrees below freezing inside the house."

"If this continues, people might really freeze to death!"

"The water is cut off too. Are we supposed to drink melted snow?"