Secrets Or Lies

Laura's POV

Warmth graced my lips as I caressed Hades' chubby cheeks as he slept soundly with his head on my lap. He snored quietly, and I couldn't help but chuckle as I watched him sleep. Then, I glanced out at the balcony glass doors, seeing a bright, full moon shining light in the dark room. I glanced at the book on my bed end; I still wondered why Hades would be reading such a book. He is still a pup... But he acts all grown up.

Suddenly, I soft chuckled. I glanced up, and my eyes landed on familiar forest-green eyes that stared back at me. Nate was leaning against the doorframe with a foolish grin, and I suddenly felt my cheeks heat up. I tried making an angry face, but my lips had their ideas as they forced themselves to smile. "You missed dinner," I said softly, looking down at Hades.

Nate chuckled; I heard his footsteps as he walked towards bed, "and I heard our little Prince perform his famous disappearance trick once again." He said, stopping at the end of the bed.

"Is that your excuse?" I asked, lifting my gaze and noticing he was staring at the book. "I found Hades in the library this time, and he was reading that book."

Nate smiled, and an eyebrow lifted as he took the book, "He's as smart as his mother, but... Damn, isn't this too... Mature for a kid?" I rolled my eyes, and he approached my side, then gazed down at our sleeping son. "I thought children acting out in their teenage years?" He grinned at me, and I playfully glared at him.

"His lycan, maybe that's why he acts differently from other werewolf children. But I don't care; he's my boy, and I love him the way he is."

Nate leaned towards me and planted a kiss on top of my head, "How are you, sweetheart?" He asked, pulling back and placing it on my bump with his free hand. "Are they good?"

"Of course I'm good, and also they are good. I'm just unhappy that you have me lying around the palace while you attend meetings that also concern me."

He rolled his eyes and groaned, "Love, I don't want you to be stressed while pregnant. I don't want you or our pups in any harm. Besides, you'll be helping Sean with his Lycan powers tomorrow."

Sean decided to become a lycan when I told everyone I knew how to turn werewolves into lycans. Of course, others were hesitant about turning others into lycans other than having the Royals as lycans. But Sean quickly jumped into the idea without second-guessing; he knew he might be immortal, be a powerful wolf, and would get hated by others, but he didn't care. Even though I warned him that he could die if his wolf weren't strong enough, that never stopped him.

Now his lycan and Beta of the Crescent pack.

"Whatever... But I still need to know what's happening with my people. After all, I'm Luna Queen and have the right to know."

He chuckled, placed the book on the nightstand, and leaned into Hades, "Let me take him to his room." See what I was talking about. Whenever I bring up anything related to work, he ignores me.

I grabbed his hand, and he glanced at me, "he can sleep in the middle of us." I said, and he nodded his head; he lifted Hades, and I pushed the bed covers, and then he laid Hades in the middle of the bed. I lay beside Hades, and Nate went to have a quick shower. When he returned, he laid the other side of Hades, and there was silence in the room.

"Is the news about Jay?" I asked, breaking the silence.

He sighed in frustration, "no one has seen him. It's like he disappeared into thin air."

"You honestly don't think he killed his mate... Do you?"

There was silence... It has been five years since everyone saw Jay, my old alpha, who ensured my safety and a loving home in his pack as promised to my birth mother, the moon goddess—a good man who would never harm anyone for no reason. Months before and after the war, no one had ever heard a word from him or his mate after their son's death, who was killed by my brother for Alpha title. When someone went to look for the couple, they found a horrific scene of Jay's mate's lifeless body ripped apart, and there was no sight of Jay.