Lycan Jay

Laura's POV

Knock...

Knock...

Knock...

I groaned, and I felt tiny, gentle shakes on my shoulders, and I groaned again, "Mommy..." I heard Hade's cute voice, "Mommy..." He started to whine.

"What?" I groaned, keeping my eyes closed; I enjoyed my sleep. It felt as though I had not been sleeping for a long time. Again, I felt someone shaking me, "Let me sleep..." I whined.

"First of all, you're sleeping on my bed, and second, Beta Sean has returned with someone, and they are waiting for you in Daddy's study."

"Beta Sean?" I mumbled, then I gasped awake and snapped my gaze to Hades, seated on the bed, staring up at me, "Did you say that he returned with someone!?" I asked. He nodded, and I quickly hurried out of bed and then out of his room, only to bump into some servants.

They quickly bowed, "Your Grace, your presence is requested in the study." They said, and I hurried down to the study, or should I say wobble. I did not care how it looked; I just wanted to know if Jay was there. Did Sean find Jay?

The study doors opened as I approached; once I walked in, the royal Elders stood, and Sean stood once they saw me enter and bowed. I looked at them until my eyes landed on him; he looked like he was in his mid-twenties, with dark brown hair and brown eyes. He looked like Jay. A young-looking Jay.

"Luna Queen," they all greeted.

I was too shocked to say anything as I slowly approached this man; he was young and looked very much like Jay. "Luna Queen, please stay back." Elder Grey said. He gently grabbed my arm, stopping me from getting anywhere near him. "We are meeting here because he said he would only talk unless you were present."

I continued staring at this man, Jay. How could this be possible, "Jay?" I muttered, and he nodded. "B-b-but how?" I gasped, taking a step back. His brown eyes turned grey, then around, and that was when I realized, "You're a lycan..." Then, he glanced at Sean, who shrugged, showing he did not know the answers.

"Yes, I am a lycan now," Jay said, slowly lowering his head. "Laura, I know this is confusing, and you want answers. Before I do," he lifted his head, and I saw in his eyes that he was hurt and regretful. "I hope someday you will find it in your heart to forgive me. What I did was selfish and foolish, but you must understand that I wanted everything to end in peace."

My heart began to race, and different thoughts came flooding in, especially doubt and regret for standing for his innocence. "What happened?" I asked nervously, biting my lower lip, trying not to cry or scream at him.

Jay was quiet, then he sighed, "I wanted to stop the Lycan Brothers and the whole mess; the only one I knew could do it was your grandmother, so I sort out for her. When I found her, I told her about the situation. Since she was the moon goddess, I knew she would put an end to it all."

"Was she the one who turned you into a lycan?" I asked.

He nodded, "but I had to do something in return for her..."

"What was that?"

He looked away and took one long, deep breath, then looked at me, "I had to kill my mate, and I did." Everyone, including me, gasped in shock. So they were right, the evidence was proper, and I was wrong. Jay murdered his mate just to be a lycan.

A LYCAN!

Filled with rage, my hand flew and slapped Jay's cheek, "how could you?" Tears built up in my eyes, blinding me with anger and disgust. "You murdered an innocent for your gain!"

"She promised me happiness..." Jay muttered, then stared into my eyes; there was heartbreak and anger. "I did to be with your mother! Everything I've done was for her!" His voice raised.

"And believe she's proud of you!" I raised my voice to match his; suddenly, his face dropped, and he stepped back.

Someone cleared their throat, "so you are admitting that you murdered your mate and ran away from the crime scene?" I heard Elder Lee's voice. He was trying to calm the situation and avoid violence, not from him but from me. Jay kept staring at me and nobs, "Then you know you must pay for your crimes. You'll be taken to one of the dungeons and wait until you're tried."

"WAIT!" Jay yelled at Elder Lee, "Please, you need to hear me out! Laura, you're mother, she was killed." I gasped in shock, and my hand lay on my bump, "Your grandmother killed her just like she killed her sister, Selene. The moon goddess can't be trusted; she has something planned, and you and your children are endangered."

My birth mother was killed... By my grandmother? The same woman who left me alone with my son the other night!

"Luna?"

Was that the reason why I couldn't talk to her?

"Laura!"

For how long was she dead?

"Luna Queen!"

... Five YEARS!

"LAURA!"

A mother would have no shame murdering her daughter who was alone with my son. Her great-grandson!

"Snap out of it!"

My baby boy could have been killed!

"LUNA!"

I could live with myself if my son were killed by his family members.

Dark thoughts rushed into my head, and everything around me felt like slow motion as I fell deep into darkness and onto my knees. Everything I thought was nothing but a lie that I told myself. Jay was murdered for power, my grandmother murdered my mother, and I was alone with my son just a few nights ago. Why was everyone keeping secrets from me!?

*~*~*~*

"I'm glad the young prince was finally acting like a normal kid," one of the nannies whispered to the other; the two nannies stood at a corner talking gossip and side, glancing at Hades, seated on the floor reading a book.

The other giggled under her palm, trying not to interrupt Hades from his reading, "No more running around and fearing for our lives from the Alpha King." They both nodded in agreement. "I never thought looking after a lycan pup would be difficult. Why can't he act like a normal kid?"

"Oh no, no, no," her friend shook her head, then glanced at Hades, who was still reading his book. "I'm fine with him like this, of course. Weirdly, he isn't like normal kids, but it's a perfect chance to relax because of his well-mannered behaviour. Imagine having to run a kid twenty-four hours; I mean, come on," she said, rolling her eyes.

"I never thought of it like that," she puffed, then smiled widely. "So I'm guessing all lycan pups mature at a young age. That means we won't have a difficulty with the twins." They both squealed in their corner.

Hades smirked and rolled his eyes; they may think that because they were far off in a corner and could whisper as low as they could, he would never hear them since he was still a pup. They were wrong. Hades unlocked his lycan abilities, so he had super hearing, meaning he could listen to them even if they tried to quiet.

But he wasn't interested in their stupid conversation; he was making sure they didn't decide to come close to him as he read. If they find him reading this book, he knows they would have no choice but to tell his mother, which could get him in trouble.

He placed his hand on the page he was reading and lifted the cover to read the title, History of the Supernatural Volume One. He had to read this book; he was drawn to it when Mrs Powell was done for the day in the library. He teleported himself to the library and took only the first volume but all volumes. Deep down inside, he knew it was wrong, and he knew he would never return them because he wanted to read them repeatedly. He felt connected to them for a reason like he... wrote them.

"Prince Hades is sure smart," nanny one muttered.

"Indeed, and I bet when he grows up, he'll look handsome like his father, the King!" They both squealed again like two little girls, which Hades didn't like, but he had to keep his face straight and pretend he had never heard them.