Concerning Mother

Laura's POV

After two hours of crying, or should I say three, Nate told me how much he loved me and the children and promised to give it his all to return to me. When it came time for him to leave, I never wanted to let him go, but I did and hurried to our room, crying my eyes out.

Finally, I had calmed down; I thought about the meeting before they went out. Rebekah had the guts to come here and take my son's blood. I'm not too fond of the thought of a crazy vampire woman being near my baby, and I wasn't there to protect him. I looked around and realized the sun had set; I'd missed dinner with Hades.

History of the Supernatural!

I just remembered that the book that Elder Reed was talking about was the same book Hades was reading the last time he disappeared from his guards. Slipping out of bed and searching the nightstand drawers, I remembered bringing the book to show Nate, but I wasn't sure if Nate had it taken back to the library or was still in the room.

Searching high and low, everywhere around the room, there was no sight of the book. Nate might have returned it to the library or in his study. I left the room, heading to the nearest room to search for the book, which was Nate's study. Once I reached there, I continued my search from the bookshelves and his desk drawers, but yet again, just like in the room, I didn't find it.

Frustrated but still curious, I headed over to the palace library. When I got there, I realized something. The library was huge, and it would take a week or more to look for that book, "Luna Queen!" I snapped my attention to Mrs Powell, the librarian of the royal palace. Surprisingly, we had a librarian, but she ensured the books were taken care of and ordered more.

"Mrs Powell," I smiled warmly as she walked towards me.

She gasped joyfully when she gazed down at my growing bump, "Every time I see you're more beautiful than I remember." She said, and I chuckled; she placed her hand on my bump. "How are they?" She asked.

"They are good," I said.

"That's good to hear, so what brings you to the library now?"

"I'm looking for a book called History of the Supernatural. I'm not sure if Nate has brought it back or..."

"Oh yes, I remember that book!" She exclaimed, removing her hand and walking somewhere in the library. "He came here to drop it off and also asked about it." Her voice echoed as she disappeared somewhere.

"So what's so interesting about that book?" I asked as I walked towards a table with chairs pushed under it. I pulled out one and took a seat.

"Oh, it's generally what the title states it's about, the supernatural. But what's odd about this book is how the author writes as if he or she was there, like they watched everything and knew the thoughts of the gods/goddesses. Of course, as I read all its series, I was confused to the point I started researching..."

"What have you found?"

She suddenly appeared before me, looking confused and pacing back and forth, "There's no record of that book series. It seemed the royal family were the only ones with it, and even if I tried searching for the author, I couldn't. It hasn't been written anywhere on the cover or inside... Ha, that's strange..." She muttered.

"What is it?"

She glanced at me, bit her lower lip, then looked elsewhere, "I can't find them..." She murmured.

"Find what?" I asked.

"There are five volumes of that book, and they are all missing," she furrowed her brows in confusion. "The last time I checked, they were all here the other night."

I slowly stood onto my feet, "you don't think someone took them?" I asked.

"I doubt they would without me knowing. Maybe I should have a look around. I might have misplaced them. Oh, please forgive me," she bowed.

I shook my head and smiled, "No, it's okay. I just wanted to know why Hades was interested in that book."

"Don't worry, Your Highness. I'll look for them and ask if anyone has seen them."

"Thanks, goodnight," I turned my heels and left the library; that was strange; five volumes of a book had gone missing without Mrs Powell knowing. That woman was a hawk when it came to people taking books from the library; she knew everyone who had written them. Hearing her say that these volumes were the only copies around and that the author was unknown made me curious.

But if someone were to take those volumes without getting noticed or for one to realize they were missing, it had to be one person who was curious about it in the first place. I couldn't believe I would do this, but Hades must have taken them. However, he had yet to do his disappearance since that day I found him in the library. But he was in the woods a few nights ago without knowledge.

Standing before Hades' room door made me nervous; maybe I overreacted. What if it wasn't him or someone else? After all, he was just a kid. I took a deep breath and knocked on his door, "Hades, sweetie, it's Mommy." I said softly as I opened his door.

I entered and found him seated with a book on one of the sofas. I held my breath, wondering if it was one of the missing books, but when he closed it, I saw the cover was colourful, meaning it was one of the children's books. I sighed in relief and closed the door behind me, "see, you are reading..." I said as I approached the sofa; he was seated, and I sat beside him.

Hades nodded his head and placed it on the arm of the sofa, then turned to look at me, "Mommy, where did daddy go?" He asked.

"Huh, he went to help some friends, but I promise he'll be okay."

I hope...

"Hades, how did you leave your room when you bumped into the scary lady that night?" I asked, started to play with his hair. Hades' hair was different but cool at the same time; it was as dark as his father's, but at the tips, they were white.

He chuckled, "She wasn't scary, Mommy. She was crazy." He said, and I rolled my eyes with a smile. I noticed he was hesitant to talk but didn't want to force him; I wondered if he could unlock his lycan powers at such a young age. "Great-grandmother teleported me," he said, looking at me.

"Great grandmother?" He nodded his head with a smile. I don't understand; if my grandmother did teleport Hades from his room to the forest, she should have teleported him back instead of letting him walk in the woods alone.

"Yes, you know the moon goddess."

"Of course, I know the moon goddess," I chuckled. "But Hades, before that night, how is it that you managed to slip past your guards and servants?"

He giggled, "That's easy. I'd stay in one spot, doing one thing: reading. Then they get bored watching and look away and talk amongst themselves. That's when I take my chance."

I playfully gasped in shock and started pocking him at his side, causing him to giggle, "How dare you do that? You are a sneaky little monkey." I continued to tickle him.

"Mom, stop," he giggled, struggling out from my tickles, but I continued. "I'm not a monkey, mommy." He laughed out.

"Well, you're my monkey," I continued tickling him as we were both laughing; I started to feel kicking in my belly, and I stopped stroking Hades. "Oh look, your sisters are excited too," I said, taking his tiny hand and placing it on my bump to feel the bump. I looked at him and saw how surprised he was, and it was cute seeing his face react like that.

Hades was different from other children, but he was still a child; he was just too curious for his liking. I laughed at myself softly; I thought it crazy to believe Hades unlocked his lycan powers; he was too young for that, and also to think he would take those books. He may be curious, but he would never risk it.