Chapter 33 : Rosalia

**LORENZO **

"You got them to the cells yeah ?" I asked Mario over the call. "Yeah " he answered as though he sounded tired.

"Whats wrong ?" I asked him. "Did the mission make you that tired. You're such a baby" I teased and he laughed on the other end.

"It's not that , your brother was putting too much of a fight." He said.

"Do you need me there ?" I asked him.

"What do you take me for Lorenzo ? What am I your right hand for?" He asked and I just smiled. "That's exactly why you're my right hand " I said to him.

"He's still breathing right?" I asked .

"He'll live but if you really wanna come down here you gotta come for this-" he said

I waited a while until I began to hear muffled screams.

"You come down here right now Lorenzo. I am your mother. You need to respect me!" She yelled. I had to take my phone off my ear just because of here.

"How dare you have me tied up like this. Get down here now!" She yelled again. I rolled my eyes and hung up the call.

I put the phone in my pocket and listened closely. The shower was still running that means I still had time to go meet mother and come back to her.

Making my way down the stairs to the cells the woman was still yelling.

Where is she borrowing that energy from ?

I got to her. She was tied up in a chair but she continued struggling to get out of the ropes. That was foolish on her part.

"Stop struggling you'll hurt yourself " I informed her.

"Struggle ? " She said in a sarcastic tone. "You think I'm struggling right now?" She asked looking at me full of hate.

"Struggle is all I had to do when I lived under the same roof with you all this while and not with my actual son and my husband. " She said.

"You know what , every time I would at least cook for you all I wanted to do was put poison in your food and kill you instantly but your father always stopped me. And that alone was proof that , that bustard Abramo always loved you more than Luca , his legitimate son" she said and that twisted my mind in certain ways.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked her.

Just as I was about to speak again dad cut her off. He was in the cell across from hers.

"You will speak nothing of this woman " he said in a calm voice.

"Why , why shouldn't I?" Mom questioned him. "He is old enough now isn't it. You'd said we'll tell him when he's older. He's older now is he not?" She asked him.

"He is not old enough for me " replied dad.

"Well I don't care anymore " replied mom before she looked at me once again.

"You listen boy , you are not my son. I didn't give birth to you." Said and it felt like it was a ship's anchor was dropped at the top of my head.

"There it goes once a bullet has been fired , there's no way you can put it back in the barrel." She added.

"Now please , do tell him the rest because I don't know anything apart from the fact that i gave birth to one son but raised two instead." She said without absolute no care whatsoever.

I looked at dad who was in his cell before looking at one of my men.

"Open it " I ordered him

"But Capo h-" but I cut him short.

"Open the fucking cell" I ordered him and he just nodded before opening the cell.

After he opened the cell I stepped in and walked to him. I got down to his level so that we were looking at each other.

"What the hell is she talking about?" I asked him but he remained quiet.

"ANSWER ME !" I yelled and I heard the keys from behind me drop to the floor.

"S-s-sorry Capo" the guy immediately apologised and picked up the keys from the ground.

I turned back to look at the man infront of me.

"I will not ask you again!" I warned him gripping the sides of his chair maintaining eye contact with him.

"Now now , calm down. There's nothing for you to be so angry about." He said calmly.

"Tell me the truth Abramo or I swear to God this is your last day here on earth?" I said and he looked at me shocked.

"You dare threaten your father ?" He asked me and I let out a chuckle.

"I will do so much more than threaten you if you do not reply me this instant Rivera." I said.

"Now are you gonna talk , or must I do something about it ?" I asked him. He shifted in his seat a bit before he looked at me and nodded.

"I-ill talk. " He decided.

"Good. "

"What she's saying is right" he said and exhaled deeply. "You and Luca are not born of the same mother. Your mother's name is Rosalia." He explained.

" I met her during a business trip in Barcelona. We got together a couple of times and she ended up with you. " He explained.

"I couldn't come back with her here so I kept frequenting my visits to her in Barcelona. I wasn't there the day you were born I was back home here" he explained.

"I went back about a week later and when I got there you were in your maternal grandmother's care. She explained to me how Rosalia just left you and went. She didn't tell her anything nor did she tell me anything. She just disappeared"

"The best thing was for me to bring you back here because I didn't want to burden Rosalia's mom with you in her old age. So I got you here and made her take care of you without giving her an explanation of what had happened." He concluded.

"Did you ever look for her ?" I asked him.

"I never did because I didn't have the power to look for someone who left on their own will Lorenzo." He said.

I just huffed and got out of the cell.

I walked back to the house with all the information that was poured on me replaying itself.

I felt my head getting heavier and one thing that was foreign to me blurring my eyes. I opened the main door and as I was passing by the kitchen I saw Alicia there with a cookie jar in her beside her.

"There you are " she said hoping on the kitchen island and coming over to where I was standing.

"You know what , I actually realised something from that movie Everly. It wasn-" but she stopped talking when she got to me.

"Are you okay?" She asked but I couldn't give her a reply.

She cupped my face with both her hands "Lorenzo?" She whispered my name.

"Talk to me" I just pulled her close and wrapped my arms around her.

"You're not gonna leave are you?" I asked her.

"I'm here to stay , love" she said hugging me even tighter. "Come on ,let's get you to bed" she said softly.

We got to our room and she helped me remove my watch , shoes and rings. The took off my shirt then pulled me to her.

I rested my head on her chest and hugged her body while she played with my hair.

"Go to sleep" that was the last thing I heard before I escaped all the confusions I had into a world that seemed peaceful at the moment.