46

Time passed with Regan either watching through the window, or just pacing around. Althea didn't come at all, maybe she was ordered to left her starve. She wasn't really surprised though. They all hated her and she was okay with it.

However, as more time passed, she grew hungrier and knew she couldn't sleep with such empty stomach. Literally, she hadn't eaten anything since the day before and she couldn't stay like that, relying on the others.

As night crept upon the realm, she decided to go and eat herself. Although she had no idea about the ways of the castle, she couldn't stay like that. But there were still things holding her back like; what if she would lose again? Where was the kitchen?

Determination filled her mind as she courageously opened the doors and quietly stepped outside.

Taking a good look at her surroundings, she visualized the details and the paintings in order to not lose like before. The hallway was now darker, a few torches illuminating it.

She took her steps quietly to not make any sound. Near the end of the hallway, she saw some stairs that went the way up. Thinking that they kitchen might not be in the same floor as her, she stepped on the luxurious stairs, which stretched on the length of not only one floor.

She couldn't shake the feeling of unease, that someone would see her wandering around, and worse, attack her. As she finally climbed the stairs, they stopped to a familiar floor. Her eyes darted at her right, and she saw the pentagon hallway. Great. Upon realizing this wasn't the best territory for her to have stepped in, she didn't know what to do.

Why did she have to end up here?

She cursed the castle for being as confusing and twisted as its owner. But she also cursed herself for not following another way.

Before she could decide, he stepped out of one of the chambers. Panic spread over Regan as tried to hide back, but it was late enough. He had already seen her.

Regan cursed under her breath for having to get herself in such situations, when she could just have stayed with an empty stomach, instead of getting it filled with undeniable anxiety.

She stood frozen as she noticed he was coming her way. He seemed tired, his hair disheveled as if he had ran his hand constantly through it. He was wearing a white shirt and black pants and his shirt was slightly unbuttoned. That smirk playing on his lips was enough to make her scowl.

"Not over the tour yet? Legend has it you're still searching for your room," he taunted, running a hand through his dark hair.

"I know well enough where it is." Regan retorted coldly.

Unfazed, he continued, "Well, since you admire this castle so much, you might also have some sort of affection for its owner," he suggested, his smugness evident as he leaned on the wall next to the door.

Embarrassment and unease crept up in Regan's whole being at his words. She couldn't believe the audacity he had to suggest she might have some sort of affection for him. She knew it was a sarcastic taunt, but still, it was infuriating.

"I don't give a damn about you or your castle, Sirius. I was looking for something else," she furiously retorted.

"Well, I don't think you were looking to come inside my chambers," he smirked, gesturing on his way.

"Exactly," she hissed.

"Go to your room. Don't wander around in the dark," he said sternly, now his expression turned stoically serious. "Don't let curiousity harm you."

Regan shifted uncomfortably, not forgetting the real reason she was wandering around.

"I wasn't wandering around, I wanted to eat something," she replied awkwardly, her eyes darting away from his.