57

The next day, the sun was shining brightly, the rays threatening to enter in his chamber, although it remained dark.

Hours back, Vlad had informed Sirius again about Artemis. He had handled the matter although being crossed by nuisances. Artemis was on her way and Sirius couldn't wait for her arrival; and at the same time, put an end to his mental torment.

As he sat on his luxurious throne, his calculating gaze rested at nothing in particular. As always, he passed the night thinking and being drowned in endless thoughts, something he had always done.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the grand doors and he told them to come in. A servant came, bowing, "Artemis has arrived, my lord."

"Alright, Lucy," Sirius said, a mischievous smirk playing on his lips, "bring her in."

The girl, Lucy bowed and left. Minutes later the doors swung open again, this time two women entering.

The first was a young woman with the look of a noble. Her dress was long green, adorned with laces and symbols of the same color, much brighter. On the top of her attire, she wore a dark robe made from light material. Her hair were strawberry blonde, left down, adorned with ancient clips.

Her chocolate eyes held fear and uncertainty and Sirius could recognize that immediately, being sure that he was going to manipulate her much easier than he thought.

The other woman was one of the same age as Artemis. She wore a long plain dress with a white apron layered. Her gaze was on the floor.

"Artemis, such a long time not being seen." Sirius said, his expression filled with untainted confidence, "How are you, my dear?"

Artemis's gaze was wavered, she swallowed hard, not wanting to be swayed by his charm, not now.

"Why am I here?" she asked, trying to steady her voice.

Sirius got up from his throne, his movements confident and graceful, "Something very important, something extraordinary." He answered, his voice cryptic as he stood leaned on a wall, far enough.

Artemis shook her head, her irritation palpable, "Look, I don't have time. Say what you have to say."

Sirius smirked, "Really? Why so straightforward? I've always thought to find a way of revealing things without hurting others in the first place." He said, his voice dripping with mockery.

"Please, I don't have time. Just get straight to the point." Artemis urged, her expression a hint of uncertainty.

"You," he said, pointing at the maid behind Artemis, "out." He commanded, his tone leaving no room for defiance.

Artemis exchanged glances with her maid and reassured her it was okay to leave. The maiden bowed and quickly left.

Continuing his tirade, Sirius's gaze went distant, out of the window, as always, "So, Artemis, you don't have to plead. The information I hold is valuable. I don't think you will ignore it as soon as you find out."

"Is this an attack threat? I didn't come here unprepared," she retorted.

"Attack? Well, let's not turn it violent. Because you know you won't end up well," he replied, his voice menacing, "and especially now, that I hold someone so precious and valuable for us both."

Artemis's eyebrows furrowed, confusion spreading over her features, "Who do you hold?"

Sirius smirked, "Your sister. I hold your sister."

A wave of shock washed over Artemis, her face leaving its color at the presume of his words, "What do you mean? I don't have a sister!" She abruptly exclaimed.