Chapter 5

"Princess.....Princess...."

Ansh rushed to his Nandhu on hearing her murmering.

"Nandhu..." he called out in concern

She opened her eyes slowly to the surroundings but as soon as she became aware, she got up immediately.

In her urgency, she would have fallen down if not for Ansh.

"Nandhu....Please calm down.....Its not good for you now....please "

But all his pleadings were falling on dead ears. For Nandhu, only the empty play area was coming to the fore front of her mind.

"Princess....she....I....see....missing...." Her agitation was increasing with every word.

"Mr. Rudransh, please calm her down. Already her BP is high , it is not good for her to get this much hyper"

Ansh was breaking down from inside . On one side his daughter is missing and on another Nandhu....

Doctor's words were scaring him more but what could he say to console a mother's heart. Finally, seeing no other go, doctor administered a sedative .

Ansh sat by her side caressing her head as drop by drop tears made their way down his cheeks.

"I can't see you like this, Nandhu. You have always been my strength. Don't let me break now.....I promise you....I will bring our princess back..... and you know ,I never go back on my promises"

With determination, he wiped off his tears as he made way to his security team.

"Sir, full force has been deployed in the search along with the police and we also are investigating how this breach happened. Even when Mam made us double check her credentials, all came clean. We don't really know what we missed and how. We are sorry but..."

"Sorry....you are sorry...."

Ansh needn't need to raise his voice , the lethal tone was enough to make even the enemies shiver.

" I don't need your sorry. I want the person responsible. I want my daughter back home without a single scratch...Got it"

"Rudy...."

Ansh turned to see his friend, an ex-IPS officer and now his head of security, Karthik rushing towards him.

As soon as he reached Ansh, he took him in a bone crushing hug.

Then turning to his team, he blasted them.

" How did this lapse happen?"

Seeing them silent and with heads down his anger grew after all he was responsible for them. Their failure meant his and in this case he couldn't afford to fail.

"Get me all the CCTV footage of the past week and also get additional men on the case. I will coordinate with the police.This takes priority"

After dismissing them with further instructions, he turned to Ansh.

Karthik could see that Ansh was on the verge of a breakdown.

If he had been here, he would not have let this happen. He felt guilty but he put it aside as now it serves none.

Karthik went up to him and held him.

" We will find our doll, Rudy.... We will find her"

Ansh was so much in need of this assurance and coming from the one whom he trusted the most, helped to calm his heart at least a bit. He knew he could count on Karthik when needed.

He so wanted to break down crying but knew this was not the time. This time his daughter need him to be strong....need him to be her super hero.

" Please God, protect her till I can reach her" he prayed fervently