Chapter 24

A knock brought Niranjan out of his thoughts.

He turned to see Ansh standing at the door.

" May I come in , Bhaiya?"

It may be a regular sentence but it stabbed his heart to see his child hesitating in front of him but more than that it was killing him knowing he was the reason for the same.

Blinking away the tears that rushed to his eyes at this thought, he nodded.

He didn't trust his voice at the moment.

As soon as Ansh stepped inside, he was hit by a wave of nostalgia.

His Bhaiya's study has always been his haven. He used to practically live here. Either simply giving company to Niranjan or pestering him till the end of the world.

These corners are acquainted with him than any in the palace. They were the silent listeners of all his grumbling on his Bhaiya's unfairness in punishing him.

A soft smile began to play on Ansh's lips as he recalled each memory fondly.

Meanwhile, Niranjan was observing him from the moment he stepped inside.

The softening of his eyes, the gentle smile on his lips.... He was sure , Ansh was lost in the good old past.

Though Niranjan know that it is not easy to forgive his sins but he so wanted his child back....badly.

By blood Ansh may be his brother but in all other senses , he was his child....his first son.

" That's why it hurt so badly, Bhaiya"

The unvoiced words reverberated around the room as Niranjan's eyes locked with that of Ansh's.

Ansh could see the storm of emotions swirling in his Bhaiya's eyes but somehow he was not able to take that one step forward. His feet stood locked to the spot.

But he wasn't aware that soon he was going to learn the biggest lesson in humility.

" I am sorry, Chotu..."

Ansh was spellbound by this action of Niranjan but the moment he understood his Bhaiya's intention, Ansh came out of his stupor.

He hugged Niranjan to death, effectively stopping him from joining his hands further in apology.

" Please Bhaiya.... Paap chadana hai , kya?" Ansh rebuked him but inside he was completely shaken.

His Bhaiya looked so broken....

Nandhini had always asked Ansh to stop procrastinating and talk to Niranjan but he was the one delaying the inevitable.

Ansh realized with a start that he was running away not because of his hurt but because he was sulking like a big bad baby....much worse than their Prince.

Like every child, he wanted his Bhaiya to come to him....grovel....pamper...as he usually does.

But what he didn't expect in his most wildest imagination is Niranjan apologising to him.

Seeing the great Niranjan Suryavanshi helpless was a wake up call for him.

" I am sorry, Bhaiya...."

Ansh said after separating himself from Niranjan.

Niranjan looked baffled at the apology and before he could interrupt, Ansh continued.

" I should not have dragged this for long"

" You were hurt, Bachha... I hurt you"

"Even if you have, I hurt you more. I raised my voice against you, Bhaiya and that is my cross to bear" Ansh said dejected