24

While Jimin was about to leave, he noticed something lighting up in her room from the study table. "What's that?" Jimin asked, trying to enter the room. but YN tried distracting by standing in front of him to hide it from his view. Curiosity piqued, and Jimin's eyebrows furrowed slightly as he attempted to catch a glimpse of what YN was hiding. Sensing his persistence, YN let out a nervous laugh and playfully swatted his arm. "Oh, it's just a little surprise I've been working on. " "suprise? what surprise?" Jimin asked, his curiosity growing stronger. 

He pushed YN aside and went and picked up the book that was on the table; it was YN's dairy. YN rushed and snatched the diary out of Jimin's hands, panic evident in their eyes. "yaah YN I saw this book lit from afar," says Jimin. "There is nothing like lighting all stuff; it's because of my table lamp. Jimin somehow believed her and was about to move out of the room, but his foot got caught on a loose wire. He stumbled and was about to fall. 

YN immediately caught hold of him, but even though YN lost her balance, both fell on the bed with a loud thud. YN laying over Jimin, the intense gaze that they both have for each other was undeniable. In that moment, time seemed to stand still as their eyes locked. The air between them was thick with unspoken emotions, and they could feel their hearts racing in sync. Looking at Yn's face so close, Jimin could not resist because she also reminded him of his past love and all the memories he had spent with her. In that moment, he thought of YN as his past love and leaned in to kiss her.

 YN also closed her eyes,feeling a rush of emotions and longing for this connection to be real. However, Jimin prevents even an inch of gap between the lips from connecting, realizing that he is doing wrong with YN, and pulls away, guilt-consuming him. As they pulled away, Jimin slowly pushed YN, got up from the bed, and stood. A heavy silence filled the air, and Jimin could see the confusion and disappointment in YN's eyes. He mustered up the courage to apologize, knowing that he had crossed a line and hurt her in the process. 

"I'm sorry, YN. "I didn't mean for things to go this far," Jimin stammered, his voice filled with regret. "I never wanted to hurt you or make you feel uncomfortable." He took a deep breath, trying to find the right words to express his remorse. "I value our friendship more than anything, and I promise to respect your boundaries from now on."

 YN just nodded in understanding and looked away to hide the tears streaming down her face. Jimin leaves in silence, hoping to give YN the space she needs. YN slowly wipes away her tears and takes a moment to collect herself. She realizes that Jimin's apology is sincere and that he truly regrets his actions. 

YN'S POV: Why am I feeling disappointed that he did not cross the line? I knew that he had no feelings for me; he just helped me out of kindness. and now I have to accept that our relationship will never be more than that. But I will love him unconditionally, regardless of the circumstances. Even though he doesn't love me, it does not matter because my love for him is not dependent on his feelings towards me. Love should not have any expectations or conditions attached to it. And after today's incident, I'm happy that at least he touched my hands, which was more than a dream I dreamed of. and I will cherish that moment forever. It was a small gesture, but it meant the world to me. 

I still can't believe I'm in love—unrequited love. But before all this, I have helped Jimin find out what he was searching for on earth and to protect him from that stranger who can come back anytime and harm him. END OF POV.

NEXT DAY:

Taehyung and Jimin reach the college and are walking along the corridor. They meet YN and Jungkook on the way. "Hyung, you came?" Jungkook asked, surprised to see Taehyung and Jimin at the college. YN smiles and greets Taehyung, and when she sees Jimin, she awkwardly greets him. "Yes, we decided to come today," Jimin replied with a smile. "But you guys don't have classes this week, right?" Jungkook asked in confusion. 

" professor called us for a vulentary at the local community center," Taehyung explained. "ahhh-right... Okay, Hyung, we will see you later. Have a good time at the community center!" Jungkook said as he waved goodbye. YN also smiled and waved goodbye.

 IN CANTEEN: 

"hyung! Here," Jungkook shouts across the canteen to Jimin and Taehyung, holding up their lunch trays. YN was also sitting with Jungkook at the table. Taehyung pulls Jimin forcefully to join them for lunch since Jimin was trying to avoid YN after the yesterday's incident. Jimin reluctantly agrees and sits down with YN and Jungkook at the table. 

They start eating their lunch quietly, avoiding any eye contact or conversation. Then suddenly, Taehyung looked at YN, who was barely eating her lunch. He looked at her tray and then her face, which was sallow; even her eyes were red, which concerned him because she seemed dull. He decided to ask her if she was okay. 

"Hey YN, is everything alright? You don't seem like yourself today," Taehyung asked with genuine concern in his voice. Which made Jimin and Jungkook look immediately towards YN. YN hesitated for a moment while looking at Jimin, and back to her Tray, she replied, "I'm fine, Oppa." Taehyung noticed YN's behavior, where she was looking at Jimin from time to time and her eyes filled with the pain of unspoken emotions.

 Taehyung's concern deepened as he observed YN's hidden distress. He wondered if there was something more going on between YN and Jimin that she wasn't ready to share. "Why are your eyes red? Did you cry at night yesterday?" Taehyung asked, searching for answers to the unspoken question in his mind.

 He saw how YN and Jimin both stopped eating and exchanged a quick glance before YN finally spoke up. "No, I didn't cry. It's just that I did not sleep well last night.""Ahhh, she's lying." Jungkook finally speaks out, breaking the tense silence in the room. His comment caught everyone off guard, including YN and Jimin. 

Taehyung looked at Jungkook in surprise. "She was studying last night to score 100 on the exams. She is a night owl, Hyung. Don't you know?" Jungkook said, defending his friend. YN's eyes widened in surprise as Jungkook defended her. She hadn't expected him to speak up on her behalf. Jimin, on the other hand, looked at YN with a mixture of concern and curiosity, silently questioning if she was really okay. Taehyung somehow believed Jungkook because this point of his was making sense.