mother nature stage drama 🩸

y/n pov

"does it look like shes in pain to you?", maggie speaks loudly into my ear, trying to make her voice heard over all the noise from the stage. we're standing at the stairs backstage watching billie and finneas perform, with andrew on the drums. i hadn't noticed it until maggie mentioned it, but now that i was looking closer, i saw billie wince everytime she made a movement or jumped around a bit. 

"yea i guess she does, maybe its her legs?" i responded, and looked at maggies worried face. "if she wasn't okay she'd come off right?", i said straight into maggies ear. 

maggie looked worried and uncertain, and i continued to watch billies pained expressions, as she started her next song "bored". luckily this song was sitting down, so maybe the pain would subside if it was in her ankles or legs. but all throughout the song she kept looking side-stage to maggie and i, tears in her eyes. i could tell she wasn't okay. 

we got up to the part in the set where she could run under the stage and get on the platform that moved her all around the audience. she sprinted off the stage, and immediately started sobbing, crouching over, and grabbing onto her knees. maggie and i grabbed her shoulders and tried to pull her up, but she couldn't move. her body was shaking and her face was slightly pale. 

"billie whats wrong sweet girl, you have to go back out", maggie called out to her. 

I started to sit down on the floor with her, examining her features trying to find what was wrong. 

"i can't, my stomach hurts to bad i can barely walk", she responded shaking her head, and i looked to maggie, concerned. 

maggie didn't look as concerned as i felt, and she started to walk away into the green room to grab something for billie. 

"is it your period?", i asked her quietly, knowing finneas was coming, because he was just as concerned as the rest of us. 

she nodded in response, wincing again, and trying to wipe away her tears. "i didn't know it could get this bad mamas", i said, trying to calm her down. 

I helped her up and pulled her into a tight hug, while maggie returned with a bottle of water and advil. billie drank the water, and swallowed the pills, holding back the flood of tears, i knew would return after the show. 

" do you feel like you can go back out or do you wanna stop?", maggie whispered frantically, knowing there wasn't much time to make a decision. 

billie miserably replied, "i wanna stop but im not going to", she sighed and took another sip of her water, "do we have the heat pad thing that i can put on?", she said, as more tears uncontrollably rolled down her cheeks. 

"were gonna take a five minute break everyone, and then the show will return", we heard someone call from the amps in the venue. 

finneas rushed down the stairs of the stage and pulled billie into a hug. he was such a good brother, and i assumed this probably happened at home a lot so he was most likely used to it. 

billie quickly ran to the bathroom, and i looked at maggie concerned. maggie looked worried as well but assured me this was normal for billie, and with that statement, i felt so terrible. 

billies pov

i sat on the toilet, wanting this night to be over so badly. i usually had really bad cramps, but this was just another level, and i wasn't surprised because it was my first day. of course, out of all the days my body could've picked, it chose today. 

I came to the bathroom to clean myself up and make it look like i hadn't been crying, but as i went to the toilet to change my tampon, i noticed that i had leaked through my underwear. my outfit for this show was a creamy white coloured tee-shirt and matching shorts, and i crossed my fingers, hoping i hadn't caused a crime scene on my shorts. sure enough, as i inspected them, i saw the big red stain that covered the entirety of the bottom of the shorts, and more tears fell from my eyes. 

i grabbed my phone off the counter and called y/n, hoping she would have her phone on her. she picked up on the second ring, with concern in her voice 

"whats wrong sugar, what do you need?", she said

"i need new shorts, i leaked through mine", i said, sobbing through each word. 

this was so stupid, why did this all have to happen during a show. 

soon enough i heard a knock at the door, and y/n was on the other side with a pair of dark red and black biker shorts, that hardly even matched my shirt, but i guessed thats all she could find. 

"thank you baby" i said as i let her inside the bathroom. we had been together for a couple years now, so it didn't bother me to change in front of her. 

i pulled off my stained white shorts and chucked them in the sink, groaning as i pulled on the new ones. the pain in my stomach and back was still excruciating and the advil had clearly not kicked in yet. i winced as she pulled me in for a hug, fixing my two, black space buns as she pulled away. 

as i walked out of the bathroom, my mom was waiting there for me with the heating pad, that i wrapped around my waist, hoping you couldn't see it bulking out. 

my mom kissed me on the forehead, and gave me a hug, before i walked back to the stairs, assuring myself there was only 5 or so songs left, and then i could hopefully do something about the agony that i was in

i felt so bad as i walked back out on stage, seeing all of the crowds crying faces (just like mine), chanting "billie, billie, billie". i figured i owed them an explanation, even though they probably didn't care that much. finneas pulled me in for a hug and rubbed my back, before i walked over to the small stool in the middle of the stage. i wanted to give an explanation right now but my voice was choked up as i tried to speak, so i looked at finneas, and he started the next song, knowing i couldn't speak just yet. 

we had to skip two songs because of the break i took, so instead of playing "getting older" and "lost cause" we started back on "when the partys over". this made me emotional again, but by the time we had finished the song, i was ready to speak. 

"im so fucking sorry that i just had to leave but i promise you guys i wouldn't do that if there wasn't a good reason, and right now im in agonising pain in my stomach, (girls, if you know what i mean), um hence the new shorts, and i can barely walk, so im gonna finish just sitting down." i took a breathe and gathered my thoughts, wiping away the last of my tears. "i'm, again, really fucking sorry this is such a shit-show but, you can't do much about mother nature, can you", i chuckled and frowned. as finneas began the next song, my cramps did not calm down but i pushed through, and eventually the show came to an end. 

___

i liked writing this so im gonna make a part 2222222