escape 🩸

y/n pov

billie and i have a close friend group and we like to hang out a lot. today were hanging out with lulu, odessa, finneas, claudia and ricky, and were going to lunch. lulu and odessa are bringing their new partners, which is playing on my mind.

im not the best at meeting new people mostly because i have anxiety (doesnt everyone), but also because im an introvert, thats dating the most sociable person ever.

so yea, social interactions arent really my favourite, and its safe to say im shitting myself for today and i hardly even know why. billie also notices my nervousness, because somehow, even though im usually hard to read, she can read me like a book 24/7.

whats wrong baby, what are you nervous about?", she says to me as were sitting on the couch waiting to leave. were supposed to be getting there at 1:00 and the new little vegan resteraunt were going to is about 10 minutes away, so we are aiming to leave at 12:45, which is in 5 minutes.

"nothing my love, why do you ask?" i respond naively, staring down into her ocean blue eyes. she picks her head up off my chest and looks at me, eyebrows raised.

"your heart is beating so fucking fast its like you just went for a run, and you cant stop bouncing your leg. dont play with me baby whats going on.", she says calmly.

"well, im not feeling very well in general, mostly because im anxious about meeting new people, but also because im just not feeling well and i dont know why. and i dont want it to bother me anymore because i just want to at least try to enjoy lunch." i say. the part about not feeling well actually is true. my head is pounding and my stomach feels like they just demolished a house inside of it.

"oh shit baby im sorry, why didnt you tell me sooner? ill get you some pain relief before we leave, is it your head?", she says empathetically, as she gets up and starts walking to the kitchen. my heart melts when she acts like this, shes way too kind to me.

"yeah and my stomach. i didnt tell you cause i didnt want you to worry about me. i promise ill be fine.", i yell out to her so she can hear me from the kitchen.

she returns holding a glass of water and two pills. "damn ur going thru it. if your sure your okay we should probably get going after you take these." she hands me the water and pills and i swallow them. then she grabs my hands and slowly helps me up off the couch, and we walk out the door to the car.

on the drive billie talks a lot, and i think shes trying to calm down my nerves, and distract me.

"are you excited at all baby? i dont even know if their partners are guys or girls so itll be interesting to see.

"yeah im excited" i say with a fake giggle.

billie keeps talking, but soon enough she gives up, realising her distractions aren't helping.

"im sorry you feel like shit baby is there anything i can do, i feel so bad?", she says as she places her hand on my leg and squeezes it, looking at me worriedly.

"its okay my love i promise. its probably just like, well i dont even know what it is. but no im sure ill be fine." i say quietly.

"when are you meant to get your period is it that?", she says, and my heart drops into my stomach.

"fuck" i whisper under my breath as i look at my period app. it says im meant to start today and i didnt bring a bag or anything with me.

"oh my fucking god of course. it says today, but i didnt bring anything with me.", i say.

billies pov

"oh my fucking god of course. it says today, but i didnt bring anything with me.", y/n says as tears well in her eyes. i keep my hand firmly on her leg to stop it from bouncing as i drive around the car park.