It's Not Over Yet

Valkyrie

When I woke up, I felt someone spooning me from behind. My body tensed up. Everything felt sore. I ran my hand over an exceptionally raw spot on my neck. Between my legs was painful no matter how I moved.

My heartbeat increased, and I threw whoever was in bed with me back so hard he fell onto the floor with a loud crash. I searched for my clothes, which I couldn't find, so I pulled the blanket off the bed and wrapped myself up.

The stranger held out his hands to show them to me in a surrender position as he gathered himself off the floor. "Darling, please calm down."

I tried to rewind the previous night. Going to the bar, being upset about being stood up, drinking whiskey, entering the woods, and lying in the grass. Then everything went dark. "Fuck." I whispered. "I don't remember. What even is your name?" I felt sick, and my body retched. Was this who I was now? Someone who sleeps with random men from bars and never bothers to get their name? This time was even worse. I remembered nothing. At least he stayed with me. However, I wasn't sure where I was. His place? A hotel?

"Wyatt." He said. God, he was hot. Like, holy fuck hot. He should be on the cover of some magazine. His hair was a nice sandy brown, and his eyes were dark blue, standing out on his face against his tanned skin. He was so muscular, but as if it were something completely natural, not something he worked too hard for. He had shorts on, but you could see the pure muscle that composed his legs. What he was doing with me, I had no idea. I was not grotesque, but I was not even on the same scale as this man. I think everyone who went to that bar was gorgeous. At least the ones I wound up sleeping with.

The weirdest part was that I could almost see this energy connecting the two of us. Is this chemistry? Am I still drunk? Dreaming?

'Valkyrie, I told you I would be back.' I heard Kassandra in my head.

'No, not now!' I yelled back at her. 'Fuck off Kassandra!' My knees buckled as I clutched the sides of my head. Wyatt came around to the other side of the bed to catch me. "I need to get home. I have medication I need to take."

"You aren't crazy, Val. I promise. Kassandra isn't a voice in your head."

"How do you know about her?" I started to shake hard.

"Please don't be afraid. I talked to her through you."

"Oh no." When things got bad, Kassandra seemed to be able to take over my body. It appears to have happened again. If it did, why would he still be here? He had to realize I was crazy after that. Was he also crazy?

'Listen to mate. He will tell you the truth.' Kassandra said.

"Mate?" I had thought I asked her in my head, but the word slipped out of my mouth. That word ignited something inside of me. I couldn't begin to define it.

"Yes. We are mates." His eyes turned black briefly, and I got this scent from him. I remembered it from the woods.

"It was you... that scent. I remember that."

"You smell nice too." He smiled, and I melted, moving towards him.

When I was close enough, I reached to touch him, running my hand down his chest. It was so smooth. So beautiful. "I need to-" He interrupted me by crashing his lips into mine. His throat swallowed down a strange sound. I could only describe it as a growl.

He pulled back. "It's better but not over."

"What is better?"

"Your heat. It'll take a couple more days."

"MY WHAT?" I pushed him back violently and slapped him across the face. "I'm not a fucking dog."

"More like a wolf." His voice seemed to be joking, but I wasn't sure.