The Alphas

Unknown Alpha

...A few months earlier...

"This is an absurd proposal," one of my new friends scoffed at me. "I paid for her and intend to use her as my breeder. My luna can't have pups, and I need an heir. My pack needs a strong luna and doesn't have one."

"Yeah, I'm sorry you paid so much more than we did, but what you are asking is insanity." Another said. "I'm not going to have all of you touching her as well. Whoever gets to her first wins."

My guards surrounded each of them, and they froze, finally appreciating the gravity of the situation.

"Gentlemen, I could have you all killed now. But honestly, I don't have the bandwidth to care for all your packs. So working together is in all of our best interest."

"I just want a pup from her. I don't need a luna." Our most reluctant alpha said. "But Alpha Wyatt already marked her. Maybe we need to leave this be and find another option."

"No fucking way!" A growl came from another one of my fellow alphas. "I paid more for her than any other breeder has ever been paid. I want my pup. Then I'm willing to step aside as I don't need some bitch luna trying to tell me what to do. So when I have my pup, I don't care who takes her after."

"I think we are evenly split on the plan. Do I eliminate you three, or do you jump on board and review the plan together? We can make this work, I promise." I grinned at them and waited for a response.

"This is some sort of sick reverse harem." My most prominent critic said. "I didn't sign up for that."

"I'm the one who is truly losing here. Letting all of you share my luna. But if it's what I must do, we can make this as easy for everyone as possible. We will need to take a lesson from my grandfather. He used a breeder for all his ranked pack members, and it worked out well." I saw how deadpan they all became.

"I'm the one who is truly losing here. Letting all of you share my luna. But if it's what I must do, we can make this as easy for everyone as possible. We will need to take a lesson from the history books. My grandfather used this technique to break his breeder, which he learned from his best friend, Alpha Killian. The very man who broke the Luna-Queen herself. Who happens to be our new mate's grandmother, in case you forgot." I saw how deadpan they all became to hide their feelings. My grandfather was notorious for being harsh and refusing to take a luna because he didn't want to share power with a she-wolf. After his fated mate betrayed him, he vowed never to trust another. He also didn't allow his ranked members to keep their mates. He forced them to execute them or leave the pack. This did mean none of them would have an heir. So he bought an alpha's daughter, and they all shared her. She gave them a lot of trouble at first until Alpha Killian taught him how he broke the Luna-Queen and convinced her to cooperate with him. Once the last pup was born, she disappeared. No one knows precisely what happened to her, but we can all fill in the blanks.

My father used this method on my mother and taught me it before I took over as alpha. I was excited to try it. He would be disappointed in me that I hadn't executed my mate, especially since she was a witch. But she is here for my wolf's pleasure and knows her place. Should I convince my wolf to give her up at any point, if she steps out of line or I no longer need her, I'll send her to her grave where she belongs. For now, her power is an asset. Keeping her close will aid in the success of my plan.

"What lesson?" The weakest in the group was struggling to keep his blank face. What type of alpha gets emotional at a time like this?

"We will get to that." My guards held a knife to each of their throats on my gesture. "Now, is there anyone unwilling to play nice?" I raised my hand again, and my guard at the door ushered in the she-wolves. Their lunas, mates, and one sister. "Or do I need to take this a step further?"