14. Tension

There were noises coming out of the hospital machines in your hospital room. You were laying there alone staring at the ceiling, finally free but not finally happy. Of corse you were happy that you got out of your situation with Andrew but he still haunted you and the thought that he was still out there was even worse. No police had found him yet.

You didn't know what the hell you were supposed to do with your life now, you had no contact with anyone anymore and you had no money. It was also dangerous for you to continue living there because of Andrew so you had to move but where? And how?

Then a lady walked through the door into your room, she looked familiar.

"Hello, have we met?" You asked as she walked towards you.

"Yes, you probably don't remember me, I'm Sandra, the woman who works in the reception of the hotel you stayed a night in. I was the one who called the police to save you from that man" she smiled.

You smiled back. You and her talked for a long time before she asked you something.

"Do you have a place to stay? It's probably not so good you stay here anymore right? Have any family?"

"Uhm... no, I don't" you felt a little embarrassed confessing that but it was the truth.

"Well, I actually own an apartment in D.C, Quantico that no one lives in at the moment of you want to live there for a while, until you find your own place" her suggestion felt like a gift from god.

She continued. "I assume you don't have a job either, right? There's a cafe you could work at in the meantime. My cousin and her husband lives there as well not too far from the apartment. Her husband, Aaron Hotchner is an FBI agent and can surely help you find a better job."
_____________

There was a knock on your door that woke you up. JJ hadn't texted you or anything about her talking to Hotch about Stephanie, Andrews girlfriend.

You rubbed your eyes to wake yourself up before rolling out of bed. Slowly you walked and opened the door to see Hotch on the other side. You expected to see a hotel employee, not Hotch.

"Morning, what's up?" You asked him.

"Good morning, how are you doing? I'm sorry for not checking up on you earlier" he stepped inside and you closed the door behind him.

Then it hit you, you had told Spencer everything. He did promise that he wasn't gonna tell Hotch without you, but he got so mad after your confession, what if that anger made him tell Hotch?

"Uhm... you know, I've been better" You responded. It was true, you had been doing better like 3 years ago.

"I get it, I'm sorry" He said before continuing, "JJ talked to me last night, about Stephanie Sterling"

"I'm really sorry, I know I shouldn't have-" he cut you off.

"No, it was good, it helps the case a lot. If you feel ready you can come back and help us with the case, it would really help. We got nowhere when you weren't helping"

"Really? Okay great! I'll be down at the station in 30" you said smiling. Finally you could get this case solved and thank god he wasn't mad.

"Make it 20" he told you before leaving.

At the station

Everyone was already there when you came. Everyone greeted you with a quick hug and smile, except for Spencer, he gave you a tight lip smile and a wave. You hadn't seen him since that night. He was obviously still mad at you but the two of you didn't want the team to know, of corse.

"There was a new victim last night, Lillie  Brown" Hotch told the team. It felt like a knife to your stomach, somehow you knew this was all your fault.

"Same victimology and everything" JJ looked through some new files from the new victim.

"Rossi and Emily go to the ME, JJ and I will stay here and Spencer, Y/N, Morgan go to the newest crime scene" Hotch demanded.

Of corse you had to be with Spencer, not alone with him but also with Morgan. How were you two supposed to hide the obvious tension between you and him?

Although you had no other choice but to jump inside the black SUV. Morgan in front driving, you next to him in the passenger seat and Spencer in the back.

The ride was awkwardly quiet, Morgan could definitely sense that something was going on.

"Alright, you two are never this quiet, especially you pretty boy. What the hell is going on?" Morgan finally broke the silence.

"Nothing, just a tough case, especially when it involves myself" you answered.

"'Nothing'" Spencer muttered to himself mocking your words cause he knew you were lying.

"What's actually going on here? I'm a profiler, y'all can't lie to me" Morgan couldn't bare the obvious tension.

"No Morgan, everything's great" Spencer responded sarcastically. He was really mad right now.

"Woah kid, something huge must've happened, you're never like this"

"Reid please" You sighed. You knew if this conversation didn't end soon Spencer would 'accidentally' tell Morgan everything. "Can we please just do our job and not yap about some stupid tension"

"Whatever you say but I'll have to hear about what's going on between you two one day" Morgan said parking outside the crime scene.

You quickly got out and introduced yourself to the police officers.

The crime scene looked like the others, a violent kill but cleaned up after, knife beside were the body had been. There was almost no blood left on the ground. This showed that there was a big chance the unsub was a jealous angry woman, violent angry kill but cleaning it up later, a man wouldn't clean it up.

"Everything indicates that the unsub is a woman, I mean the cleanup after and everything. We have to bring Stephanie into questioning" you explained.

"I'll call Hotch" Morgan stepped away opening his phone leaving you and Spencer alone, at least not together with anyone else you knew.

"Hey Reid, I'm really sorry about everything. I regret being such an ass and doing that to you but I need you to know that I don't regret those nights" You told him in a quiet tone. This was the truth and you didn't expect him to forgive you but you wanted him to know what you felt.

When he didn't respond you decided to continue, "I don't expect you to forgive me but I wanted you to know the truth. I'm so bad with feelings, I don't know what I feel for you but I... I don't know" Before Spencer could respond Morgan walked towards you again ending the call with Hotch.

"Hotch's calling Garcia right now to find Stephanie. Ready to go back?"

You glanced up at Spencer before walking back to the SUV.
____________

Okay what the hell was that! Anywayssssss, hope you like thisss<33  wish me luck on my math test tomorrow!! (I'll probably fail but who the hell uses algebra in their everyday life!???)