18. Epilogue

The sweet taste of berries filled your mouth as you took a sip from your raspberry smoothie. Soon, next week to be exact, was you and Spencer's 4th year anniversary. You sat on the couch while the tv was on, thinking about what you should do on your anniversary.

You were quickly taken back into reality when you saw a text message from a police officer back in Virginia. It had to be important since you hadn't heard from them in years.

You nervously opened the text, only to become speechless. The text was the last thing you expected, Andrew was arrested.

"Oh my god..."

He had gotten arrested from abusing a woman. Of corse you felt relieved that he was finally caught and couldn't hurt anyone else anymore but you still had this guilt. If only you had gotten more evidence on him he wouldn't have abused that woman or anyone else after you for that matter. You knew it wasn't your fault but still, it made you feel a tiny bit of guilt.

"What's going on sweetheart?" Spencer asked coming out of the bedroom.

"It's- it's Andrew... he has been arrested" you had no idea what you were feeling now.

"He has? That's good! Now we really don't have to worry at all anymore, he will never hurt you again, I promise" Spencer sat down next to you and put his arm around your shoulders

"I know... I know..." you stared at the message on your phone.

"Is something wrong sweetheart?"

"I just feel so guilty for not getting enough evidence and arresting him earlier, now another woman had to live through hell with him just because i couldn't arrest him before" you teared up.

He noticed your eyes sparkling more then usual so he wrapped his arms around you. "This is not your fault, there was nothing you could've done. He is arrested now and he will never hurt you or anyone else again"

You took a deep breath and nodded. "I know, thank you" you smiled.

"Now, the little one has to get something to eat. Let dad cook for mom so she can feed that beautiful baby" Spencer said smiling and putting his hand on top of your big round belly.

"Thanks dad, I'll take a nap after lunch, mom is tired" you yawned.

"Good, I'll cook the best meal ever for you and the baby"

"What are you cooking?" You asked curiously.

"A surprise darling"