Chapter 2: Reincarnated

I felt myself lying on something soft and warm.

'Was this heaven?' I thought. Oh how wrong I was.

As I opened my eyes bright light flashed in front of me and I squinted. I looked at my hands and body which appeared more like a child's.

I then saw a girl not more than 16 years old in a maid's uniform calling my name.

"Miss is awake! Is Miss ok?" she asked me.

I was kind of shocked, this was not a hospital room, it looked more like a fancy room of the Regency era.

"Where am I?" I asked the girl.

"Miss is in her room in Duke Stanford's estate. Is Miss not feeling well?"

'Shock' was not the word that could have been used to describe the emotions on my face.

I jumped from the big comfy bed and walked towards the mirror.

The reflection was not mine, I had white silver hair and coloured eyes. I was not 26 years old and looked a lot younger, maybe 5 or 6 years of age.

The girl dragged me back to the bed.

"Who am I?" I asked the girl.

"WHAT! Does Miss not remember! Call the Healer! Miss does not remember her name!" she shouted to some nearby maids.

She then told me that my name was Eleanor Stanford, I was 5 years old, and was the daughter of Duke Stanford.

My Mother was the Duchess, Esmerelda Stanford, and my father's name was Charles Stanford. I had fallen into the lake while running outside and nearly drowned but was rescued.

These names sounded very familiar to me.

That is when I realised that I had been reincarnated as the villainess of a novel series I read in my free time, I am now Eleanor Stanford who was executed at the end of the series.

And then, I fainted. Again.