Chapter 20 : Siblings Reunited?

It is evening now. I am in my room with Orion and have just returned from training. He went a bit easy on me today because I had missed last night's dinner and today's breakfast and lunch.

Thankfully after lunch Milli brought me some lemonade to regain my energy. Well the Duke only ordered me not to eat food, he didn't mention not taking drinks.

Though I am pretty hungry by now. But it's okay because back at the orphanage as Siri, I was starved sometimes. So I am able to control it.

Suddenly I hear a knock at the door, I get up and open it to only see Alex with a basket covered with cloth in his hands.

He slowly comes inside, closing the door behind.

"Alex, why are you here?" I ask him

"Shh, I know I am not supposed to be here right now, but I cannot see my little sister starving because of some dishonest fool." he says as he lifts up the cloth and I see the basket has a lot of bread, cakes and other food which I like.

I didn't know how to describe my emotions when I heard him. In the novel series Alex is the one who snitches on Eleanor when she was stealing food from the kitchen. But now, it is the same Alex who is bringing me food and showing his concern towards me.

"Brother, I have already drunk some lemonade Milli had brought me. That is enough for me. Besides, it is the Duke's order that I do not eat food and if he finds out.."

I think about dueling one of the knight's son. Even though he would be only a year older, he will still be talented because the knight himself had been training him since his childhood and since he has also attended the academy for a year. However I think that now I will be able to protect myself but I would have to make sure I don't blow up my cover.

"He will not find out, none of the servants will snitch on us because they are on your side and care about you. So quickly finish this up before he finds out that I finished my training early today." Alex says

I just nod as I start eating quickly. Oh this feels so good not being hungry anymore. But I can't stop myself because the food is so tasty! Alex just chuckles softly before he gives me a sad smile.

I just smile back to him brightly and finish up only half of what he brought as I am overfilled now.

"Thank you brother! The food was very tasty." I say as he pats my head? I am not a small kid anymore!

He somehow reads my expression as he starts teasing me.

Suddenly Orion comes in with a worried expression but before he could say anything the door opens. We quickly push the basket under my bed only to see Astria standing on the door with a plate of food in her hands as she enters.

What..

"I am sorry did I disturb you both? I will umh..leave.." she says but is stopped by Alex

"Why were you coming here anyways? To mock my sister with a plate of food?!" he exclaims

She is then pushed into my room and then the door behind her is closed.

"I....I thought she would be hungry due to father's punishment so I brought her food." she says as she gives me the plate

"Really?" Alex asks dumbfounded as she nods

"Thank you so much Astria!" I say as I accept the plate from her with a polite smile

She is the heroine of the novel, of course she is going to be kind hearted! She isn't evil!