Only Child

Words in italic are korean :)

aera_101

Liked by 8,012 othersaera_101 lets keep our fingers crossed guys 🤞

aera_101 lets keep our fingers crossed guys 🤞

View All 16 Comments

user1 lets hope we'll at least see her at the end of year concert Hybe is doing :(
↳aeron4ever we need some vernon x ae-ra interactions
maeriecontent you guys are obsessed! They broke up GET OVER IT
aeron4ever lmao the max and ae-ra shipper calling me obsessed when she has legit met the man once 💀😭

user2 we all cheered

user3 does this mean the Jennie X Ae-ra Label rumors are true??

"YANG YANG DON'T YOU dare touch my phone!" The man in question didn't listen and continued to try and guess his friends password. "Don't you know anything about privacy?" Ae-ra questioned as she snatched her phone back. "No," Yang Yang shrugged his shoulders. "I'm nosy. If I'm told not to do something, it makes me wanna do it even more."

"It's days like this that makes me glad I'm an only child." Yang Yang simply shrugged. "Where is Granny Kang?" His question was answered when Ae-ra's grandmother came over to greet the singer. "My honorary grandson!" She gives him a loving pinch on his cheek before turning to her granddaughter.

"And my cheeky granddaughter!" She gives Ae-ra a kiss on the cheek. "Where is your parents?" This question was aimed at Ae-ra. The relationship between her parents and Grandmother was abit rocky to say the least.

When Ae-ra's parents moved to England her Grandmother had seen it as an opportunity to finally retire and enjoy her 60s but when her parents sent her back to Korea for whatever reason, they expected her Grandmother to be the one to take care of Ae-ra financially.

Ae-ra's Grandmother had to work two jobs in order to fund the both of them. It got to the point that Ae-ra decided it would be better for her to join an Idol Agency. That way it would be one less mouth to feed for her Grandmother.

In the beginning her Granny refused and told her that she didn't mind working two jobs. As long as herself and Ae-ra had a roof over their heads, she was happy. But Ae-ra was stubborn and did it anyway. She was glad she did though, as now she was able to afford to buy her Grandmother a nice comfortable home in Jeju.

She didn't hate her parents. She was more so disappointed in the position they put her Grandmother through.

"I'm not sure. They said they'd meet us at the track." Her Granny nodded. "Will we be staying with them?" Ae-ra shook her head. "I'd thought it be best to stay at a Hotel near the track. That way we can enjoy our holiday." She hooks her arm with her Grandmother's and then turns to Yang Yang. "Let's go Gremlin!"

As the the three of them head to the hotel to meet Yang Yang's father, Ae-ra came to the realization that she hasn't checked her Instagram yet. She decided to do some scrolling only for her to come across a post that makes her head spin a little.

f1_gossiptrain

Liked by 3,789 others

f1_gossiptrain Guess we can close the chapter on Ae-ra being a WAG for good

View All 321 Comments

user1 thank goodness I'm so sick of seeing that girls name 💀
↳ user2 now you know how us carets felt
user3 more like how you felt 😭😭 us carets loved the Ae-ra and Vernon idk what your on about

user4 ngl.... was kinda rooting for maerie
user5 SAMEE

AE-RA FACE PALMED HERSELF and let out a frustrated groan. "You okay Rissa?" Yang Yang had seen her face go pale and looked worried.

She didn't feel like telling her friend that she got her hopes up for nothing. "It's nothing. Just contract negotiations." He seemed to have bought the excuse as he didnt press any further.

Once they arrived at the Hotel she greeted Yang Yangs father with a big hug. They exchanged a few words before all of them went up to their rooms to get dressed for a day of sightseeing.

Ae-ra was thankful that she had a room to herself. It gave her some time to stop and get herself together. "I'm so fucking stupid," She buried her face in her hands. "So fucking stupid!" How could she be so naive. He had a girlfriend. She had gotten her hopes up. He was clearly just being nice and she took it the wrong way. She collected herself and went to go freshen up. A shower would do her some good.

She let the smell of her vanilla shampoo engulf her. She tried to forget what was bugging her but everytime she did she was hit with a load of embarrassment. She rinsed the shampoo out of her hair and got done.

After she was dressed she went to knock on Yang Yang's door. "Careful! We don't want Dispatch getting the wrong idea, do we?" He said after he opened his door. She rolled her eyes and the two friends went to meet her Grandmother and Yang Yang's father in the lobby.