Epilogue

2027

ALOT HAD HAPPENED IN A SPAN of 4   years. Max and her were no longer dating. It became clear as time progressed that the two of them wanted more.

So they decided to get married.

"You ready my love?" Her head shot up to where her husband was currently leaning against the door frame. "We're gonna be late if we dont leave soon."

Iris nodded her head. "Dani Sweetheart!" Small footsteps came running down the Verstappen household. A small girl appeared, carrying a small stuffed rabbit.

Daniella Victoria Verstappen.

Born on December 2 2024.

She was a surprise to both Max and Rissa, but a very loved one. She was named after her Uncle Daniel, the matchmaker.

Daniel, who by the way, went out of his way to say 'I told you so' multiple times when the two announced their engagement.

Their wedding had been a beautiful event filled with all of their closest friends and family. Ae-ra had invited her parents but they had declined seeing as they were 'busy with work'. Rissa didn't care. They were never really parents to her anyway. She didn't even tell them about the birth of her daughter since they didn't really show much interest when she informed them of her pregnancy.

"Ready Mama." She said. She gave her Mom and Dad a toothy grin before pushing them towards the door. "Will Nana Kang be there?"

"Of course!"

The three of them walked towards the nearby park where Rissa's Grandmother would be waiting, with Max stopping to take pictures of the two every now and then.

Ae-ra's Grandmother had moved to Monaco when Ae-ra and Max got married. She wanted to be as close as she could to her Granddaughter and Great-grandchild. She lived 5 minutes away from the Verstappen home, but that wasn't surprising. Monaco was tiny.

"Nana!" The girl ran towards her Great-Grandmother as soon as she caught sight of her. Daniella reminded Mrs. Kang so much of Ae-ra when she was a child. It was a bittersweet feeling. She knew she wasn't young anymore and moments like this needed to be cherished. "My sweet baby! Look how tall you've gotten."

The Verstappen-Kang family had enjoyed a lovely picnic in the park before deciding to enjoy some time on the water.

Rissa had watched as Max played with their daughter in the water and it made her love for him grow one hundred times more. "Your eyes look like they have hearts in them." A voice sang.

Ae-ra squinted her eyes in annoyance as she looked at the man that basically became apart of the furniture. "Do you have to third wheel everything?"

Daniel shrugged and just behind him popped out his girlfriend Delilah. "Don't worry I know how you feel." She turned her head towards Lando who simply smiled at the Aussie couple.

"I feel like I have three children and not one."

"Oh for flip sakes not you two again!?" Max's voice shouted from inside the yacht, where he and Daniella were drying themselves off. "Hi Delilah!" His tone was more cheerful when greeting the woman who had turned into his best friend over the years. "Uncle Dan!" Daniella's voice rang out as she ran towards Daniel. "Name Twin!" He said as he picked her up. "I'm here too." Lando's offended words went unnoticed by the young girl, who continued to blab about her skating lessons.

All in all, Ae-ra was pretty happy with her family. She had gotten alot of flack from the Korean media but lets be real, they'd cancel you for not liking a certain fruit if they could.

She turned to where her Grandmother was sitting in the sun, observing the chaos. She got up and made her way towards her.

"Thank you for everything Granny." She wispered softly. Her Grandmother simply stroked her cheek and gave her a tight hug. "I'd do it a thousand times iver just to see you smile like that." She replied.

"I know it was hard. I remember all the times you cried alone. I'm sorry Mom and Dad made it hard." She wiped a stray tear that rolled down her Grandmothers cheek. "I'm grateful for everything."

The two turned towards where Max and Daniella were. "He's a good man Ae-ra." Rissa nodded her head. "He is isn't he?"
She watched as her family and friends joked and laughed as a song on the speaker played on.

"I'd walk through fire for you just let me adore you."

maxverstappen1

Liked by aera.was.here, landonorris, grannykang_, yangyang_x2, seosootang and 5,612,361 others

maxverstappen1 My girls ❤️

Comments on this post have been disabled