Meeting Granny Kang

MAX WAS STANDING OUTSIDE Ae-ra's house as he waited for her to answer the door. He was just as nervous as Ae-ra was the first time she had met his Mother and Sister. Ae-ra hadn't met his Dad yet and Max wasn't in a rush to do it either. He didn't want to listen to his grumbling about how dissapointed he was that he and Kelly didn't work out. He heard enough of it from fans online and didn't need to hear it from his Father.

Ae-ra swung the door open just moments after he had knocked. "Was beginning to think you chickened out." Goodness how I missed you. Max thought.

"I'd never do such a thing." He spoke with a joking tone that made Rissa burst out laugh. "You may enter." She said as she stepped aside. "Thank you, your Majesty." He made his way in and removed his shoes. Ae-ra then handed him a pair of slippers which actually fit perfectly.

"Ae-ra! Is he here?"

"Yes!" She shouted in the direction of the kitchen. He watched as a short women came out from the doorway leading to the kitchen. "You must be Max!" She said. Max bowed in greeting and did something that shocked even Ae-ra. "Hello, I'm Max. It's lovely to finally meet you." He actually spoke in Korean. Granted it wasn't 100% perfect but it was decent for someone who was still learning.

The two women bursted into laughter. They truly didn't believe that those words just came out of the drivers mouth. "I like him." Her Gran said as she squeezed his cheek. "I approve!"

"Come on! I hope your prepared to eat." Granny Kang guided the young man into the kitchen and towards the dining table. "We don't do diets around here so eat as much as you can fit in your stomach." Granny Kang had prepared enough food to feed an army.

"Thank you for the food Mrs Kang." Ae-ra smiled as she watched her boyfriend and Grandmother interact. The whole evening was filled with laughter. It made her heart swell with joy.

"I'm just gonna go feed the dogs quickly." Rissa said. Max had taken her leave of absence as an opportunity to finally ask Mrs Kang the question he had been wanting to ask for awhile.

☄. *.

HOURS AFTER THE SUN SET Mrs Kang, Rissa, and Max decided to call it a night. The two made there way upstairs to freshen up. "You can get ready first." He said before kissing her temple. As she went into the bathroom located across from her room, Max fiddled with the box in his hand. Inside it layed a key to his apartment.

He was gonna ask Ae-ra to move in with him. The two have them have been seeing each other for seven months. To some it may be too soon but to Ae-ra and Max it wasnt.

"You've been acting strange."

Rissa's voice made Max jump in the spot he was sitting in. She gave him an apologetic smile before moving towards the vanity in her room to do her skin care.

"There's something I'd like to ask you. Well– ask and give you." She gave him a look of confusion and nodded her head.

"I would like you to move in with me. Obviously not fully. I understand that you have a life and a job to do here. I also know that you can't be with out your Gran but–" He handed her a small box which she opened. "It's a spare key to my apartment."

She didn't say anything. She simply kissed him profusely. "As much as I love your kisses I'd love an answer too!" He said pulling away slightly. Rissa simply laughed at the irony.

"I have something for you too." She opened one of the draws in hwr vanity and took out a velvet box. Max opened it to see a spare key to her house. He too soon joined her in laughter. "Well I guess that gives me an answer."