calm before the storm

About a week later...

Mike's Pov

I had just spent the day with Y/N and had to return to the Pizzeria. It was hard to leave, but I had duties. I waved bye to Y/N and got in my car to drive to the diner. I unlocked the door and the restaurant was filled with silence. It was depressing after spending a lot of time with Y/N and hearing her laugh constantly, to come to a dark and quiet place.

I remembered to check the alleyway today, and there were no animatronics to salvage. I breathed a sigh of relief that I didn't even know I was holding. I restocked the kitchens, fixed the tables, bought a new ball pit, etc... I groaned when I realized it was time for my tasks. 

I sat in my office and did the usual. Ads popped up, which I will add scared the living... Uh, scared the crap out of me. No animatronics appeared today, which frightened me. 

The calm before the storm.

I dealt with the lawsuits of the week before, and thank god there weren't that many. We've had much better reviews ever since Y/N started working here. She's the best, isn't she?

I stopped when I heard footsteps. Metallic ones. Lefty had been disturbed.

I don't know what about Lefty makes him special, but he just is. Or she, I dunno. I actually remember when Henry made him. Henry called Lefty unique multiple times and said they had a special purpose,  but he never told me why. I took a liking to him over time, though.

Everything I needed to be done before the employees arrived was complete. I turned on the power and my eyes took a second to get adjusted. Everything looked alright. It was not going to be long before Y/N arrived, so I won't go into my office.

She came in with the largest smile on her face. I wanted to be in close contact with her, to hug her, anything really. But I wasn't Michael Afton, I was Mike Schmidt. When do I plan on telling her? When I finish my business with this place and my father and the animatronics. Maybe I could still date her as Mike. I'm still her boss, though

And not gonna lie, I would totally marry her. I wouldn't when we were seventeen, of course, but we are both older now, and I still love her.

She started her tasks, and I didn't realize I was staring. She gave me a weird look. "You alright, Mike?" I reacted without thinking. You're just mesmerizing, doll." Ugh, I'm so weird, and I called her doll, which is what Michael called her! She didn't look up but I could see her smile and her red face. I got a glare from Vanessa, which I ignored. I remember working with her a little bit when I worked at Circus Baby's, and she was so gross and irritating.

Time passed by, and I decided to text Y/N because her shift already ended and she was home.

Y/N❤

hey darling ya busy today

                                     wowww awfully confident for a man i met two weeks ago

haha very funny

but are you busyyyyyyyy

                                                                 nope

good then wear something comfortable ill pick you up at seven 

I smiled and ran my hand through my hair. I was planning to take her to a drive-in movie. I think we went to at least two together when we were younger, and she loved both of them. We were going to see The Outsiders. 

I also figured it'd be special for her if I didn't wear my mask, and it'd be weird. I'd just wear jeans, a Metallica shirt, and a baseball cap. 

It was almost closing time, and everyone had left. I was a bit pissed at the employees who left early, but whatever. I heard clanging in the vents and groaned. It was time for my tasks. Hopefully, it didn't take too long, because I had two hours to get ready and pick up Y/N.