Chapter Eight

Renée lay on her bed and kept thinking about what he said. His contradictory statements confused her. One moment he gave her hope and the other moment he snatched all hope away from her. She had no idea why he tortured her this way. It was a simple yes or a no. Either he loved her or he didn't, but he never gave her a simple answer.

The next morning, Adelaide came over and Rihanna, Ryder and Ryan started planning a trip to Beaverhead National Forest. "It's just a 2 hour drive away. Renée, you should also join us," said Rihanna. Renée thought of her best friend, Anastasia, who always wanted to go on a trip with her. She lived with her grandparents here in Fordsville while her family lived in Las Vegas.

"Let me call Anastasia and ask her if she wants to come along," said Renée. Sawyer was walking towards the stables. He stopped in his tracks.

"Where are you planning to go with your best friend?" he asked Renée. She shrugged and turned her back towards him. She was angry with him for not completing his sentence last night. He walked towards her and took the phone from her hands.

"I'm asking you something Ren." Renée tried to take her phone back, but he held it high and she just reached till his shoulders.

"I asked you something too last night. Remember?" Sawyer laughed.

"What are you guys talking about? What's cooking between you two?" asked Rihanna, coming closer to them.

"Nothing Anna. I'm asking her where you guys are going and she isn't answering me," complained Sawyer.

"We're all going to Beaverhead National Forest. Are you coming along?" asked Rihanna. Sawyer looked at Renée.

"Yeah, she's coming along too," said Rihanna. Now she was sure that the two of them were into one another. Sawyer's cheeks flushed a little, and he returned the mobile phone to Renée.

"Sure I'll come along." His mood improved and whistled as he left for the stables.

Rhett was already there training the horses and since he wasn't aware of their plans, Rihanna and Adelaide went to inform him. After twenty minutes, they all started getting ready to go out on a two-day trip. The door opened and a cute seventeen-year-old girl peered inside.

"Is Renée at home?" she asked Rihanna, who was ready and waiting for the others.

"Anastasia?" asked Rihanna. Anastasia wasn't very social and only came over twice to their house. Rihanna couldn't meet her before.

"Yeah," said the girl with a shy smile, seeing so many strangers staring at her. Her greenish-blue dress matched with the color of her eyes as her eyes straight went to Ryder, who froze with the burger in front of his open mouth. Rihanna checked what made her color profusely and giggled away seeing Ryder's condition.

"Bro, either eat it or give it to me," she said to him. "Ryan, inform Renée that her friend's here," said Rihanna, getting up to help the shy girl. Rex came out of his room with his bag and looked at Anastasia. Ryder gestured something at him and he started grinning.

"Come inside please, Anastasia. Renée will be here any minute. I'm Rihanna, her cousin, that's Rhett and Rex, my siblings. That's Ryder, Renée's sibling. You saw Ryan, her other sibling, who's gone to fetch her," introduced Rihanna. Rhett smiled and waved at her.

Renée came out, all ready to go, and so did Adelaide, and they all hugged their parents and kissed their grandparents and went outside. "I'll go with Renée and Anastasia," said Sawyer.

"I'm coming along too, bro," said Ryder.

"Adelaide, you can come along with me," said Rhett, and they all teased him, making his cheeks color a little.