Chapter Twenty-Five

Renée woke up early, excited to face the special day of her life. It was her eighteenth birthday, and she had been waiting for it all her life. She was finally an adult and could do anything she wanted. She wanted nothing else but to marry Sawyer. Freshening up, she changed into a pretty top and shorts and went outside.

Rihanna squealed and came to wish her, pinching her cheeks. "Happy eighteenth birthday, baby sis," she said excitedly.

"Thanks Anna. Don't pinch my cheeks. You're turning them red," said Renée.

Ryder came forward and pulled her hair and handed her a small gift. "Hey little sis, happy birthday."

Renée looked at it curiously. "What's in this? It's so tiny. Couldn't you get a bigger gift?" She opened the gift excitedly. There was a beautiful crystal hair accessory inside a velvet pouch. It was too beautiful, and Renée gasped with delight. "Wow, it's so beautiful. I love it, Ryde."

"Happy birthday, Renée," said Ryan, with a forced smile on his face. "I'll give you your gift in the evening." Renée nodded.

Rihanna pulled her to her room while she looked around for Sawyer. Where was he? Rihanna led Renée to her room.

"Close your eyes and wait for you gift," she said. Renée grinned and waited with bated breath. After a minute, Rihanna handed her a soft something. She opening her eyes to find a beautiful emerald green dress which looked like it was bought from aunt Charlotte's boutique.

"Wow, this looks so grown up and classy," said Renée, loving the dress.

"Wear it in the evening for the get together," said Rihanna.

Later, Rhett gave her a stylish and expensive wristwatch while Rex gave her a makeup set. The elders gave plenty of gifts, but the one person whom Renée really wanted to meet was missing. "Are you looking for me, love?" asked a husky tone from behind her. She was peering into his room when he came up behind her.

She jumped and hit his chest. He held her to himself, to steady her. "Yes, where were you? Everybody wished me but you. I can see how important I am to you."

"You are the most important person in my life. I had gone out to get your first gift of the day," he said, as he brought out a bouquet of beautiful red roses that he had been holding behind his back. Renée gasped at seeing it.

"Happy birthday Ren, my love," he wished her softly, kissing her cheek and handing the flowers to her. "Beautiful red roses for the only one I love. Today, I'll shower you with gifts all throughout the day."

"Thank you, Sawyer," she said, feeling like the most cherished girl on earth. She stood on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek. She rushed to her room to arrange the flowers in a vase. Sawyer went into his room to take a shower. He could have returned earlier, but Antonio Cruz had been persistent for the last two days, trying to talk to him.

Flashback An Hour Ago

Sawyer walked out of the florist's shop with the flowers in his hand for Renée when he found Antonio Cruz standing right in front of him. He smiled at Sawyer and extended his hand out to him.

"I'm Antonio Cruz," he introduced himself. Sawyer looked at him suspiciously and wanted to avoid him completely. He was instantly in panic mode. Seeing his empty stare, Antonio dropped his hand.

"Are you the boy the Wilsons adopted long back, say, around twenty-three years ago?" he asked, curiously. Sawyer's eyes widened at the question. So his guess was correct. Antonio Cruz was looking for him and maybe wanted to take him away to his mafia family.

"Who are you? I don't know you. I'm not the one who you're looking for," he answered gruffly and strode towards his truck in a hurry. He sped away, eager to escape the man.