Chapter Nine

The boys returned proudly with their fresh catch and sat down to eat the lunch the girls had cooked. Renée served Sawyer and Rex their food. "Won't you be eating with us?" asked Sawyer.

"Ryder and I already ate," said Renée.

"You could have waited for me," said Sawyer with a grin. Renée rolled her eyes.

"Why should I? You still haven't answered me." She shrugged and walked over to a chair, and sat down. Rihanna and Ryan too joined them after sometime. The others sat on the sofa to eat.

"Where are we going after lunch?" asked Ryder.

"We'll tour the Clark Canyon reservoir, Lemhi pass and the Pioneer Mountains Scenic Byway," informed Rhett. They finished lunch while discussing the places that they could go to.

At last, they were all ready for their tour. Sawyer drove Renée, Ryder and Anastasia while Rex drove Rihanna and Ryan. Adelaide went with Rhett. Everyone gave them ample privacy since it was obvious they had feelings for one another and needed to be left alone.

The whole time, they enjoyed the sights and scenes and returned to the cabin after a memorable and enjoyable trip. The sun was about to set and everyone was exhausted. They quickly freshened up. It was dark already, and Adelaide and Rihanna started making dinner. They made a simple pan-seared trout with garlic, lemon and parsley. They served it with couscous and a simple vegetable stir-fry. Renée and Anastasia served the food while Adelaide sliced granny's plum cake into slices and served them. Everyone ravenously attacked the food.

"You both should seriously start a restaurant. This is amazing," said Sawyer, enjoying his meal.

"Can't you teach Renée to cook?" Sawyer asked Rihanna.

"What's it to you? I'm clumsy in the kitchen. You don't need to eat what I make," said Renée, glaring at Sawyer. The way he spoke as if he would marry her in the future!

"No, you're not. I've seen you in the kitchen and I like everything that you make. So practice more and you will master the art of cooking," said Sawyer.

"Why don't you teach her yourself, Saw? You're far better at it than me," said Rihanna.

"Looks like I have to do that," said Sawyer. Renée looked away. She was still pissed off at him with his contradictory statements.

"I don't want to learn from you," she mumbled, but Sawyer's face held a look of sheer determination. They all chatted with Anastasia about her family, and Ryder listened intently.

The meal was over and they wrapped up the work and went to bed. Renée and Anastasia wanted to go outside to the scary vault toilet outside. "I could accompany you, Ren," offered Sawyer with a smirk.

"No thank you, Sawyer. We can manage," said Renée, declining his offer. Sawyer looked crestfallen at her words but didn't protest. He sat on the porch, watching out for grizzlies as the girls walked towards the toilet. Rihanna came to sit beside him.

"You really love her, don't you, Saw?" she asked him. Sawyer didn't know how to answer her, although it was a simple question. His heart wanted to confess his true feelings for Renée, but he was afraid. Afraid of what it would cause if the word spread around.

Sensing his dilemma, Rihanna sighed. "I swear that I'll keep this between us, Saw, trust me," said Rihanna. Sawyer nodded.

"Yes, but Ren doesn't know about my feelings for her yet," said Sawyer, giving up.

Rihanna looked at him with surprise. "Didn't you tell her yet?" Sawyer sighed and shook his head.

"She's still a minor, Anna. Anyway, we don't have a future together."