Chapter Thirty-Seven

The next fifteen days were the most hectic for both Sawyer and Renée. While Sawyer was busy setting up his ranch, Renée was selected at the Fordsville Treatment Center to work as a therapist with them, to provide drug and alcohol treatment, equine therapy, family programs, medical detox, recreational activities and treatment of co-occurring disorders.

"I can't believe that they selected me, mom," Renée said excitedly to her mom, hugging her with happiness. She would need to undergo intensive training with them for the next six months before being inducted. Renée had dreamed of working at the most popular mental rehabilitation center of Fordsville, but for the last three months, they had no vacancies for internships. She had almost given up hope and had started applying to Great Falls instead. Now that they had selected her, she just couldn't believe her luck.

"You deserve it, sweetie. You've worked so hard for it, dedicatedly for the last four years," said her mom.

"When do you have to join?" asked Adelaide after congratulating her.

"Next week, my training starts," said Renée.

"We need to go to Great Falls for your last fitting at the boutique. All the invites have been sent already. Sawyer has already invited his family in Mexico. They would arrive five days before the wedding," informed aunt Kathy. The date of their wedding had already been fixed. They had twenty days at hand to prepare more. The decorators and caterers had been contacted. The cake had been ordered as well as the bridal bouquet. Sawyer's tux and those of his groomsmen were ready and had arrived three days back.

"We can go shopping after your last fitting," suggested Rihanna. They all agreed and wanted to go to Great Falls for the coming weekend.

In the evening, Sawyer came back, looking satisfied that the construction work was at last done. Now he needed to set up his business. It would be indeed a lot of hard work, but he wasn't afraid of hard work. Having worked with horses nearly all his life, he knew what he had to do. Rex, uncle Keith and Rhett offered to help him out, and he was glad since they knew more about horses and ranches than him.

He heard about the good news of Renée's internship. "Congratulations, my love. I'm so happy that you finally found the dream job you were looking for," he said, pecking her cheek when no one was looking.

"We're going to Great Falls this Saturday, Saw, to get the wedding dresses," said his ma.

"Oh, that's great. Go ahead but don't keep any program for tomorrow. Ren and I are going on a date," said Sawyer. Renée gaped at him.

"Oh, we are?" she asked with surprise. Sawyer nodded.

"Yeah, be ready. Pack up a few essentials, a change of clothes, whatever you might need. We'll go out early in the morning, around six o'clock. So wear warm clothes," said Sawyer.

"Where will you go so early in the morning?" asked his mom.

"Ma, please, I can't tell you. What's the fun if Ren gets to know about it?" he asked his mom. She grinned.

"Your dad also used to be like that. He never used to tell me where he'd take me," she said, rolling her eyes.

"I know. It's a horrible feeling not to know," said Renée, agreeing with her.

"I absolutely agree," said Adelaide.

"Wow, I wish I too could go out on a date!" said Rihanna and Renée chuckled. "It's actually thrilling not to know."

"You wouldn't say that when you actually go out on a surprise date," said Adelaide, agreeing with the others.

"Why don't you go out with that doctor whom granddad wants you to marry? What's his name?" giggled Renée.