Chapter Thirty-Five

"I forgive you Sawyer," she whispered, raising her head to look into his eyes. She placed a hand on his cheek. "You know I can't move on from you, don't you? I still love you Sawyer and I'll love you till I die." Her eyes reflected all the feelings that her heart felt for him. Sawyer saw it all. He nodded and dipped his head towards her.

"I love you too, Ren, and I'll love you till eternity," he whispered, closing the distance between them as he claimed her lips finally. It was a sweet kiss that both had been waiting eagerly for the last five years. Their hearts were reunited with the passionate kiss and Sawyer branded his name on hers forever. This time never to part.

Renée clung to him, a need to be fulfilled, to be claimed by him spreading all over her soul. She had waited for a long time and had nearly given up hope of ever seeing Sawyer again. So she surrendered whole heartedly, kissing him back, not getting enough of him. They both needed one another too much. It was a need that a single kiss couldn't douse.

Sawyer's fingers tangled into her hair and he deepened the kiss till she moaned his name. His hot tongue played with hers, tasting the drunken sweetness which he had been craving for the last five years. This was what had been missing from his life. His Renée and her overwhelming love for him. He could never feel whole without her. He needed her like a flower needed rain, like a living being needed oxygen, like the planets needed the sun!

Their bodies pressed closer to one another, trying to feel the other's presence. Sawyer pulled her close, sensing her need for his warmth. Her soft curves molded into his body and he closed his eyes as it turned him on, making him hover on the brink of insanity. She had grown so deliciously hot that it was making him go crazy. Sawyer knew he couldn't control himself for long. He had to give this relationship a name. He couldn't waste a minute longer. At last they pulled apart, breathing deeply.

"I want to do this the right way, Ren. I don't want to waste any more time than we already have," he said, getting up to go to his closet. Renée watched him with a bewildered look on her face. What was he talking about? Would he ask her to be his girlfriend?

He emerged from his closet with an excited look in his eyes, clasping something in the palm of his hands. He came towards her and suddenly kneeled down before her on one knee, his hand picking up her soft one and clasping onto it. A gasp escaped Renée's mouth as she realized what he was about to do.

"Ren, we know we're destined to be together. We know we can't live without each other, that we'd love one another in sickness and health, in good and difficult times and as long as we shall live. What we have is a special feeling, one that we should cherish, should give a name to. So, let's do just that, my love. Here, as I humbly kneel before you, offering you my true love, my promise to stay by you always, I want you to forgive me and accept me into your life. So, will you marry me, Ren, and let me proudly call you my better half in front of the entire world?" He asked solemnly, his eyes shimmering with promises and lots of love.

Renée's eyes filled with tears of happiness. She couldn't believe that this was really happening to her, and she broke down, unable to say a single word. Sawyer, too, had tears in his eyes and they both cried together. "Yes Sawyer. I'll marry you, obviously. I've always wanted to marry you since I was a little girl. Marrying you was the only dream which made me wish to grow up quickly," she said with a smile. Sawyer laughed as he placed a beautiful sparkling ring ruby and diamond ring on her finger.

"Wow, when did you get this? I don't think you were well enough to go out of the house to buy it," asked Renée, admiring the ring. Sawyer sat down beside her and smiled.

"Guess again?" He asked with a radiant smile on his face.

Renée shook her head, looking clueless. "I can't. Tell me please, when did you get it?" Sawyer grinned and pulled her onto his lap.