Chapter Nineteen

Renée clung to him, not wanting to let go. She didn't want to think of their future. It seemed too scary. She would take one day at a time with Sawyer, making memories with him to last a lifetime. The rest she would leave for God, but irrespective of what destiny had in store for her, Sawyer would be the only one she'd ever love.

"Sawyer?" she mumbled into his hot neck.

"Hmm?" he asked, his voice rumbling low from deep within his throat. She could feel the vibrations clearly with her face embedded in his neck.

"I'm scared!" A shudder went down her body, thinking of the future. It was easy to make big resolutions, but at seventeen, the thought of being separated from the only one you ever loved was reason enough to be scared.

He raised her face to meet his. "Don't be scared, love. I'm with you, am I not?"

"Kiss the fears away, Sawyer, please," she whispered, her eyes falling on his plump, kissable lips. They looked so inviting that she couldn't control the urge to get another taste of them. Sawyer's face brightened up. His eyes shone with excitement but darkened immediately, like magic, as he smiled at her request.

"I was waiting for you to ask me that," he grinned, hovering against her lips. Without waiting for an answer, he dipped his head and crashed his lips to hers while his hand cupped her head to control the kiss. The kiss branded his name on every cell of her body, telling her how he owned her body, her heart, mind, and soul.

A soft moan escaped her mouth and her fingers tangled into his hair, feeling their silky-smooth softness. This was a moment to die for. She opened her mouth eagerly to him. Sawyer groaned with need, pulling her closer to his warm body as his tongue hungrily pushed its way into her mouth.

Renée's skin crackled with a strange need, not wanting this kiss to stop ever. The way he played with her tongue and tasted every corner of her mouth, Renée could feel herself want more and more of him. She kissed him back, trying to dominate the kiss from thereon. A deep, low throaty moan escaped from Sawyer's mouth. It pleased her immensely that she could elicit such a response from him.

At last they pulled apart for breath, staring at one another with utter astonishment. What was that? It was more than a kiss. It was a memory that they made tonight of their second kiss under the starlit sky of Montana.

"I love you," he whispered, resting his forehead against hers.

"I love you too," she whispered back. Both of them smiled like teenagers secretly in love, although Renée was still one. It was a giddy feeling. They felt with a sense of happiness coupled with the fear of the unforeseeable future.

"Let's go to sleep? It's getting colder," said Sawyer, getting up and pulling her with him.

Renée smiled and walked inside with him, but froze, seeing Ryder standing near the corridor with a bottle of water in his hand. He gaped at the two of them with his mouth hanging open. Then realization struck, and he looked mad with fury. He strode towards Sawyer and pushed him with barely suppressed anger.

"What the f*ck are you doing with my sister?" he growled in a low voice, looking mad.

"Ryder, stop. I love him," Renée whispered, not wanting to wake up the entire house. Ryder gaped at her.

"What? Are you crazy? How can you love your brother?" asked Ryder, his eyes narrowing with disbelief.

"Sawyer isn't related to me by blood like you are. How is he, my brother?" asked Renée. Sawyer stood frozen, watching them with horror.

Ryder shook his head at her. "I can't believe this," he said with a look of disapproval on his face.

Sawyer came to his senses. "We love one another very much, Ryde. Please understand, it's not a temporary fling or something. Our love is for life, and I intend to convince our parents when Ren turns eighteen. I want to marry her," said Sawyer with a solemn look on his face as he clutched at Renée's hand. Renée had tears in her eyes, which spilled out and cascaded down her cheeks.