Chapter Thirty-Nine

The next few days were the most beautiful ones in Renée's life. The eagerness, the flutter in her stomach, the pampering for her upcoming wedding, all made her feel special, like a princess. They went to Great Falls and enjoyed a day of shopping and connecting with one another. Rihanna, Adelaide and Raine bought lots of dresses while aunt Kathy made Renée shop for her wedding needs, matching lingerie, hair accessories, night dresses, satin bedspreads and lots of towels, toiletries, makeup and so on and so forth.

They were tired. Auth Ruth wanted to go for a nice foot soak followed by a manicure and a pedicure, so they walked into a salon. While Renée received a full body massage, a facial, a hair treatment, amongst others, the rest of them settled for pedicures only.

No one was in a hurry to get back except Adelaide and Renée, both of who, received nearly twenty phone calls and a hundred messages from their respective life partners who simply couldn't live without them. "Let them cook at least one day," said granny, stretching as they finished up with her.

"I hope we get something to eat when we get home," said Renée's mom.

"I'm sure Rhett will cook much better than any of them together," said aunt Charlotte.

"Joe can cook too, but he's become lazy these days with so many of you around. When the boys were young, he used to cook nearly every day," said granny with a chuckle.

They returned home and, as Renée went to her room to keep her stuff, Sawyer came in and pulled her into his arms, inhaling her deeply.

"You smell so delicious. What took you so long? I thought you eloped with someone else," he said, looking at her with a small grin on his face. Renée rolled her eyes.

"I went with granny, mom and the others. How could you think of such things?" she asked, giving him a look.

"Just kidding, I missed you, love," he said, pulling her close.

Afterwards, they went over to Happy Dreamz Ranch and made love to one another. It seemed they couldn't live without one another. "I can't wait to sleep with you again."

With only ten days left, they were more impatient for one another. Every day, Renée started furnishing her home with stuff that she would go to the marketplace with Raine and Rihanna to buy. They helped her furnish and so did aunt Kathy and her mom. Her training at the Fordsville Treatment Center had started, and she loved the experience, the hands-on training. It gave her a lot of insight about how to deal with patients in a real-life scenario.

After five days, they planned a bridal shower party for her at home. It was a simple family get together. Sawyer's family had arrived from Mexico and were introduced to the rest of the Wilson family. Granny and grandad invited them to stay over at Wild Creek Ranch. The children bonded well with Renée and Rihanna, but they were inseparable from Sawyer. It was clear they loved him a lot and so did Sawyer. He spent time with them, showing them the wildlife near Bearhead Creek. Sawyer's mom kissed her cheek and apologized for not knowing about her and keeping her son away from her for so long.

"Please don't say sorry, mom. Everything's settled now. I'm glad that he found you. He looks so at peace with himself after connecting with you," said Renée.

"You're a very sweet girl, Renée. I'm glad that he chose you. I was apprehensive about meeting you, but now, after talking to you, I can see why my boy is head over heels in love with you." Renée blushed at her statement. Lara gave a beautiful diamond pendant and matching bracelets to her as a wedding gift. Renée thanked her profusely. Even Antonio connected with her when Sawyer and Renée took him to their new home to show him around.

"We'll come down here to spend some time with the two of you. Son, why don't you bring your wife over to Mexico for a vacation?" asked Antonio.

"Yes, Antonio. I will surely do that," he promised.