Chapter 25: My Turn

"C'mon please let me," Natsu pleaded. "No," he needs to stop bugging me about it, its not gonna happen. "Why not!" Jeez whats it gonna take with this guy, "how about because I said no?" "But i bet they would taste so good! Theres so many colors, what if it tastes like candy!!" He's been asking me ever since he saw my flames. I dont think he's ever gonna give up. "Ok fine, how about this. If you can become S class I'll let you try my fire" his eyes shot up with excitement. Look at this moron, as if he'll be S class this year. He's got nothing but fire in his brain.

"Hehe that'll be easy, when the S class test comes around this year, that title is mine," Natsu had a huge smirk on his face. Its as if he has already gotten the title. "Okay well its time for me to go train," but right as I said that Lucy came over with the entire crew. "Hey y/n when do you think you'll be able to go on quests again? Its been a while and you haven't gone on one with us since you've started your new training," that is true.

Ever since my seal was broken i spend most of my time in the woods training so im able to control this form. Ive managed to hide 8 out of my 9 tails so far but the last one doesnt seem to want to go away. And as far as my fox ears go, those also havent wanted to disappear. Maybe ill just be stuck with them... I dont want to but its been like 5 years. I should have been able to control my form completely by now... "helloooo??" lucy brought me out of my spiral. "Hm?" I looked over at Lucy and everyone else. Oh yeah i should probably answer her huh, "oh um well, i guess i can go on a quest with you guys since its been so long. I have been training a lot and im mostly able to control my demon powers. I just cant seem to get rid of my last tail here and my ears," "why would u wanna get rid of them?" Happy chimed in, "I dunno, im just not used to being in this form i guess. I'd rather not have the whole world know about my whole 9 tail situation ya know?"

"Well i think you look just fine like that," Gray walked towards me and gave me an ice burger. I gladly took it and began chomping it down. "Well if Gray is gonna feed me like this the whole time, sign me up for any quest!" I finished the ice burger gray had made me and put my hands out hoping he would make me another, and he did!! God i love Gray, im so glad he makes me ice treats whenever i want.

"Im okay with that," Gray said as we all walked towards the quest wall. "Wait isnt it still my turn to pick?" I still havent picked my quest since Natsu decided to steal that S class one and then well, ya know what happened. "Oh yeah, guess it is. Hey do you think Gramps will let us go on an S class quest with you?" Oh great, these guys barely survived the last and now they want to go on another. "I dont know guys, even if he does S class quests are S class for a reason. They can take years to complete sometimes," everyone's eyes widened "YEARS?!" They all screamed. I looked towards them quizzically. "Yeah, thats why they're S class, duh. We can go on an A class one though. I usually finished those up in about a weeks time and im able to take you guys without asking the Master." Everyone agreed and so thats what we did.

I walked over to the A class quests and tried to find an interesting one. Hmmm, monster hunt- no those are usually some dude dressed up as a monster. Escort- no A class escorts are usually full of fighting off thugs and im not trying to do that. Oh this one looks interesting! I grabbed it told Mira and let everyone else know.

"Hey guys, i found one look," i showed everyone the quest. "Missing treasure?" I nodded as i let everyone read the pamphlet. "Family heirloom stolen by some thugs, 100 million jewel reward?! LETS GO!" Lucy, Natsu, Happy and Gray all ran out of the guild and towards the train station. Jeez, they do know the reward is going to me right? None of them are A class, but i guess i should share with them considering i kept the money from the cursed island quest. That money is still in my possession, i dont think im ever going to run out. I might be set for life.

"C'mon y/n you're taking forever!" Natsu came back to nag at me. "Okay well give me a piggy back ride then," i told him as i jumped on his back and wraped my arms around him. "Alright alright fine but only till we get to the train station," yay! I got him to carry me hehe. Natsu then ran to catch up with everyone else and off to the train station we went.

I rested my head on top of Natsu's as we made our way to the station. "So what type of family heirloom do you think it is?" Lucy asked quizzically. "I dunno, its probably a necklace of some sort or a ring. Thats what it usually is," i answered her. Most of the family heirlooms i have returned are necklaces or rings. Sometimes its earring or a bracelet but most of the time its a necklace. As we were making our way through town i felt like i was being watched. I looked around to survey my surroundings as everyone was talking amongst one another making bets on what the family heirloom was gonna be. I cant see anyone in particular. Whoever this is isnt malicious but they certainly are giving me the creeps. Ah well as long as they arent trying to fight us we should be fine.