Chapter 16: The Empty Guild Hall

Natsu, Happy, Lucy, Gray, and Erza should be back from their mission tomorrow. They passed my house on their way to the train station and I overheard them talking about it. It sounded easy but I'm glad I skipped out on it though, Lucy didn't sound like she wanted any of us to come along.

I arrived at the guild and as I was approaching the guildhall I felt something break underneath my foot and it was followed by a slight cracking sound. I lifted my food and saw glass on the floor. That's weird, must be deberé from a fight that surely broke out earlier. I don't know anyone in the guild that wears a monocle though.

"Hey," A voice said out of the blue scaring the crap out of me ripping me from my thoughts. I jumped back and looked for the source of the voice, "Mira, don't scare me like that! I almost had a heart attack," I told her while resting my hand over my heart. "I'm sorry Y/n I didn't think I'd scare you that badly," she said as she started walking inside towards the bar. "Is everyone gone for the night?" I asked her as I followed her and noticed the guild was empty. "Yeah, I was just about to leave myself, do you need anything?" She asked me. "No, I was just looking for Levy. But since I'm here I might as well grab some ice for the road huh," I jumped at the chance to eat some ice. I don't know why but my body prefers ice over food most of the time. "Alright, you mind closing up for me when you're done?" She asked me as she grabbed her coat and started heading out. "Yeah no problem," I waved her off as she left the guild.

The guild has never been this empty before. The silence is weird, there's usually so much going on. I headed to the freezer for some ice and grabbed a cup along the way. I scooped up some ice with the cup and instantly ate all of it. I repeated this process about 5 times before I filled the last cup and closed the freezer.

I was getting ready to leave the guild but I smelled something, it smelled familiar but it also smelled different.

Then a giant metal rod came crashing through the ceiling. "What the heck?" I yelled in confusion. That rod was then followed by 5 more. Oh no, the guild is under attack and I'm the only one here. Why me? I skipped on the mission so I could lazy around and focus on my calligraphy. Now I gotta fight. What a pain.

"Gehe," I looked around but couldn't find the source of the chuckling. "Over here, White Fang, thought you were gonna be more of a challenge but you can't even find me. This'll be easy," a grungy voice called my attention. I looked up at the ceiling and saw a man with long hair and tons of piercings standing upside down. How the heck is he doing that?

"Not much I can do when your hiding your magical presence is there, I'm guessing you're responsible for the ugly metal rods poking out of my guild," I said as I got in a fighting stance that allows me to be prepared to attack or defend.

"Tch, yeah, and I'm also the one who's gonna kick your ass, Iron Dragon Roar!" Iron dragon? Must be a dragon slayer too. So that's why I smelled something familiar but different. I punched my hands together to help focus my magic "Ice Dragon, Dragon Scales!" I placed my hand on the ground and a protective barrier made out of iced dragon scales emerged around me, I only used half my strength to test him.

The dragon scales managed to block the attack but the barrier was destroyed in the process. Impressive, I guess I don't have to hold back then.

"Gehe, you're not ready for this," he said in a creepy voice as his skin changed to what looked like iron scales. Pft... if that's the best he's got then I'm gonna be just fine. He lunged towards me to attack, "Iron Club!" He yelled as his hand turned into a club and he shot it towards me.

I put both my arms up to block the attack but he still managed to push me back a few feet. When the dust settled from the attack he had a big old grin on his face. Of course, that disappeared when he noticed I was in my Dragon Force form. Then he looked angry.

My Dragon Force form allows me to take on the physical appearance of an ice dragon. In this form, I am covered in Dragon scales that are as white as snow and impossible to penetrate. In this form, my dragon senses are also even more powerful than before.

"What's wrong, didn't think you were the only one that could do that did you?" I said as I dusted myself off. Since I used my dragon force form in time I only received minimal damage. He growled and then started throwing punch after punch with his iron club but I kept dodging and waited for an opening.

"Since you like clubs so much," I said finally finding an opening, "why don't I give you one, Ice Club!" I yelled changing my arm into an ice club and hitting him right in the gut, this caused him to fall backward. Damn, those iron scales are lowering my attack power. I have to figure out a way through it.

"How did you do that," I looked at him acting completely oblivious. "Grr. Damn fairy brat," then he changed his arm into a chainsaw looking thing and ran towards me with it on. "Ooh, that looks like fun," I said as I changed my arm into a chainsaw arm and it collided with him, blocking his attack, now both our chainsaws were on par with each other making this a battle of strength.

"Damn it, stop copying my spells!" He yelled. Sounds like a little kid. Kinda reminds me of someone I know. "Haha, fine. I don't need your spells to beat you, I just thought I'd give you a fighting chance," I said, I then released the pressure I was applying and maneuvered my ice saw around his chainsaw causing him to stumble forward from the pressure he was applying to mine. I jumped over him as he stumbled and took out my ice chains with my other hand and wrapped it around him as I was above him. When I landed I tightened them around his body incapacitating him.

"I just remembered something about iron," I said tightening the chains more. "It shatters if it's cold enough," I told him and started lowering the temperature of my chains even more. "Tch, these are iron dragon scales, you can't penetrate it," he said smugly but I just chuckled. "You're so quick to forget, you're not the only dragon slayer around here," I said and tightened my chains even more.

We heard a shatter. His scales were freezing and shattering everywhere the chain was touching him. He eventually got so cold he dropped his iron scale defense. When this happened I dropped my dragon force form as well. Don't say I don't fight fair. He growled and then his whole hair turned into iron and shot out iron thorns just like a porcupine. I jumped back so I didn't get hit by the thorns. He managed to get me by surprise which caused me to lose focus and drop my ice chain spell. When I looked back up he was gone.

Awe man that's playing dirty!!