Chapter 11: Erza

I told Erza everything and she immediately took over the village. We were currently waiting for Gray to wake up.

We heard footsteps approach the tent and Gray emerged from the cloth. "You made me wait, not smart," Erza told Gray. "Erza? Why are they all tied up?" Gray asked her looking towards Lucy, Happy and I. "I thought you and Y/n came to stop Natsu and these two fools, Lucy and Y/n have brought me up to speed with everything that's happened, needless to say, I'm disappointed," alright I draw the line at disappointment. I froze the rope with my body temperature and broke loose. "Alright Erza, that's enough taunting. We both know Natsu wasn't going to give this up. So, it was either he came alone or he came with the company of an S class wizard," I said pointing to myself near the end. "Besides, what's wrong with Natsu wanting to help this village get rid of its curse," I said.

Erza completely brushed me off and wanted to go look for Natsu. "The guild rules are clear. If you wish to stay on your own and lift the curse then so be it but the rest of the team isn't qualified," Erza told me. "if she's staying so am I," Gray said getting in front of me. "What did you say? Do you wish to defy guild rules as well?" she used her magic to summon one of her swords and pointed it at Gray.

"Do what you must, I'm seeing this through to the end," Gray said as he moved Erzas blade and left the tent. The awkwardness in the room was too much for me so I immediately followed Gray.

*time skip*

As we made our way to the temple we noticed it was crooked, probably Natsu's doing. "Why is the temple crooked like that?" Lucy asked. "I'm assuming Natsu did it, now that it's tilted like that the Moon Drip won't hit Deliora," I explained. "So his habit of breaking stuff came in handy?" Lucy asked "My head is stuck looking sideways at that crooked temple, my neck hurts," Happy complained but I felt a sudden presence about to attack.

Before they managed to I grabbed Happy and got out of the way. "Why didn't you get me too?" Lucy yelled as Erza basically flung her out of the way. "Sorry," I told her as she landed.

It was Lyons minions who tried to attack us and Erza volunteered to take them out by herself. Won't see me complaining. "We'll fight with her, you just go and do what you gotta do," Lucy said. Oh no, I gotta go before they rope me in.

"I'm gonna go look for Natsu. After all dragon slayers shine together," I said as I grabbed Gray by the wrist and zoomed it out of there as fast as possible

"Look Y/n, the only person who can stop Lyon is me," Gray told me as we were making our way to the temple. "Eh? Did you forget I can eat that ice wizard wannabe's attacks? Besides I have no intention of getting in your way," I told him

We got to the temple and Gray smashed his way past an iced wall where we were met with Natsu and Lyon. We walked in and Gray started talking about how Lyon is his responsibility and then got into the iced shell position. What? If he does that he'll die. No, he must be bluffing.

The magic circle then activated and he started talking about how he's ready to die. What?! not on my damn watch. "Don't do it!" both Natsu and I yelled, right before he was about to cast the spell Natsu and I ran to Gray and we both punched him on either side of his face. "Shut up!" we yelled at him. "you can't just bust in and steal the scene with a bunch of fancy talk. Get to the back of the line pal," and just like that they started fighting about who gets the right to fight Lyon. Then Gray grabbed Natsu by the scarf.

"I've got a score to settle with him, you understand. And I'm ready to die if that's what I gotta do!" Gray yelled. "Yeah? And how's dying gonna settle it huh? Cause it sounds like you're running away to me," Natsu said as he grabbed Gray's arm.

Suddenly the ground started shaking. And everything felt level. "Ah what now?" Natsu yelled. "I think the temple is straightened up now, this is bad. Now the moonlight will hit Deliora," I told them as Natsu was hitting the ice. Some old dude came by and said he was the one who fixed it. The old-looking guy ran away and Natsu ran after him. "Natsu," Gray yelled. "I'm gonna pound him a million - no a billion times! I'll leave that ice guy to you. It'll look bad if you lose again, but not just for you," Natsu said. "I know what you mean," Gray added. "But for all of Fairy Tail," they both said in unison.

"Eeh? Are we forgetting that I'm here?" I said as I looked at both of them and they looked at me dumbfounded. "Haha, fighting may not be my style anymore, but anyone who messes with my friend has to answer directly to me," I said and looked over at Lyon.

"Go Natsu, we got this," I reassured him as I also made eye-contact with Gray. Natsu left in pursuit of the old looking dude. Gray and I both faced our foe. "That being said I haven't eaten in a while so I'm gonna go sit over there and eat some ice, you got this right, Gray?" I said as I began walking away. I know Gray wants to defeat this guy alone so I'm just gonna step back here and enjoy the show.