Operation Kill Switch Assist

"A kill switch?" Peter asked in disbelief as he and the group surrounded Rocket after they had hooked him up to the med bay.

"A device. Set to destruct if anyone goes poking around inside him, or even if we use the Med-Paks." Nebula explained as she was hooked to the med-bay, seeing the status of Rocket.

"Okay, so, why does he have a kill switch?" Neyzira asked, concerned as she sat on the nearby counter.

"Apparently, someone considers him proprietary technology and sent that golden lunatic to get him." Nebula replied.

"So, he'll die if we operate on him?" Mantis asked.

"And he'll die if we don't." Drax added.

"There has to be some way to bypass it." Peter said.

"It looks like there's a passkey that could override the kill switch." Nebula said as they all looked at the x-ray of Rocket's heart to see the switch.

"Do we know anything about where he even came from?" Neyzira asked.

"He won't talk about it." Peter sighed, shaking his head slightly.

"Much of the tech was developed by a company called OrgoCorp." Nebula said, Neyzira's mouth fell slightly agape. "And there's a code on all of it, 89P13. He's got maybe forty-eight hours." Everyone's eyes widened. Peter then turned away and walked off. "Where are you going?" Nebula angrily asked him as everyone started to follow him.

"OrgoCorp have to have records, right?" Peter asked as he headed to the bridge. "Maybe they'll have a way for us to override the kill switch and save Rocket."

"They won't just give us that information." Nebula said as her, Neyzira, Mantis, and Drax walked up behind him.

"Well, that's why we're gonna break in." Peter said, determined.

"And kill anyone who gets in our way!" Drax yelled as they got to the bridge.

"Not kill anyone." Peter told him.

"Kill a few people."

"Kill no people." Peter said as he put in a code.

"Kill one guy, one stupid guy who no one loves."

"Now you're just making it sad." Peter said with furrowed brows as he walked past Drax, everyone getting into their seats and starting the engines of the ship. He pushed some buttons and a video feed of Cosmo and Kraglin popped up. "Kraglin, Cosmo, I need you to keep watch over Knowhere till we're back. Couple of days, tops."

"Ay, Cap'n." Kraglin said.

"Aye, comrade." Cosmo said at the same time.

Peter ended the call while Nebula got to work on the location of OrgoCorp. "I located the coordinates for OrgoCorp. I think I have a contact near there. Maybe they can help us get in." Nebula said through the speakers.

"Contact him." Peter told her and he flipped on the stereo. "Let's go save our friend."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

"It's bio-formed. Instead of being built, it's grown from living matter." Nebula said into the communicator as her, Neyzira, and Groot looked out at the large, circular, fleshy-looking object. Then she walked over to a screen that showed x-rays of the place. "The structure is surrounded by three impenetrable plastic security shields." She explained.

Neyzira let out a whine. "So this is going to be an actual challenge instead of a 'let's have fun, argue, and wing it' challenge?"

"Exactly," Nebula then turned to Peter. "It's not gonna be easy to break into this place, Star-Lord."