.20

POV~Nontobeko

It is my first day at work, and I am very nervous. I woke up early first impression matters, they say. I am very much relieved because their company prefer their microbiologist to wear scrubs, and perfectly, my scrubs are neavy blue with my name, company slogan, and my profession.

I put on a cologne, take my lab coat,lock the door, and leave with my car. The audi. I walk in confidently, hoping not to meet another Mr Mabaso. "Good day," I greet  the receptionist. I hope she won't give me troubles I am stressing about the Zulu matter.

After the phone call, he just delivered me home and then left after kissing me goodbye, of course.  "Good day, Ms. Khumalo, your supervisor said I will come fetch you a few minutes from now. You can sit over there."

She says, pointing at the empty waiting chairs. While waiting for the supervisor, I took out my phone to text Zulu."Hey my pookie boo, how are you, babe? I miss you so much." I Press send, he reply immediately as if he was waiting for my text.

" mmh, I love the new name you have given me standwa Sam, I am hardly coping babe, Bab Dlamini really caught me off guard."

My baby doesn't miss a chance to see simple things. He sees everything about me. That phone call really made my man a mess, but he will be fine he has got me.

" Don't  worry, my love, don't overthink it too much, okay? I am coming to your place after work we will figure it out together, I have to go. I love you."

I see the woman is said to be my supervisor. I visited the company page, and that's why I know her. "Greetings, you must be Ms Khumalo, I am Mrs Dandala." We shake hands.

"Well, follow me. I will introduce you to the rest of the stuff and the working environment." She  thanks the receptionist, and off we go.

It is now lunchtime, and I am tired already. You don't want to work with bacteria and chemicals, trust me. I am touring the apartment when I end up in the cleaners department.

This building is big, not surprised the company is big too. I am told by the cleaning lady that there is someone at the reception looking for me. Who is that someone, I hope it is not some stalker or my colleagues wanting to bond.

I am being professional this time. I don't need to be friendly here. otherwise, Mabaso will happen. "Hey Mrs Me," I let out a little scream. "Baby, you are here? How come? I mean, how did you know?."

This is a Suprise to me. I thought he was working today. "Enough about these questions, come hug your man, my  woman." My man can be demanding sometimes argh. I hug him, I want to kiss him, but this is a work environment.

You know my Zulu guys. He holds me by my waist and kisses my lips that I forget I am at work. I let go when the receptionist cleared her throat as a hint for us to stop, but Zulu wasn't hearing it.

I mean, the guy acted like he did not hear a thing. " Let's go babe there is something I want you to see outside." Oh my God, Zulu did a whole picnic at work. Who does that, Zulu.

This is beautiful though, everybody is out of the building watching us wow what a first lunch at work. There is a man playing guitar and a chef. I still thank God for this man.

" Really baby, for me? Thank you, babe." I kiss him, sit comfortably on the pillows, say our mini prayer, get right on the food, and start digging. "This is so delicious, my favorite. Come on. How did you know I love this meal because I don't remember telling you, babe?"

" Who am I, baby? I told you I make the impossible happen, so this was easy for me, I know, darling." I wanted to ask how he is doing and talk about that call, but I decide against it, I don't want to ruin the mood.

《▪︎MATTERS OF THE HEART▪︎》जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें