.21

When it rains it pours!

It has been three weeks since the Cindy incident. Zulu and I are happy and not bothered by anyone. Everything is going fine on my side. I have moved to Sandton apartment."You are glowing, my woman. You look more beautiful in this dress, shall we?"

I am meeting up with his sister today, Zulu wants me to meet her family. I am not ready yet, though, so I agreed to meet her sister only. I am wearing a black short body hugging a hugging dress and white heels with a white clutch bag to match the outfit.

"Yes, babe." He takes my hand into his and off we go. After stepping out of the car, I told Zulu to text me a table number before leaving for the restaurant bathroom. I get in and do my business. After that, I wash my hands.

With the table number he texted me, it is easy to find him. He is sitting with a lady whom I guess is her sister. I walk to the table, but something catches my attention, and I stop to hear every detail. " How are my babies, my love?" Zulu asks the lady. He is cheating on me.

Babies? I can't take this anymore. How many babies does this man have. " No, don't stop on my account. Go on, Zulu, ask about your babies. Poor me, men will embarrass you. Like Khanyi Mbau said, Men will leave you in the dessert without water." The lady laughs.

"Hi, you must be the owner of my brother's heart. You are beautiful." I am embarrassed, listen, EMBARRASSED. " Thank you, you look gorgeous and stunning. I am sorry about my behavior." It is now that I see the resemblance between the two.

" I am surprised you did not act all psycho on her." Zulu says laughing. "See, your brother thinks calling a woman psycho is romantic." I say sulking. "You both like to sulk what is happening in the Zulu household. Who is calming who?" Her sister laughs.

" Come on, Sister, you know I don't sulk." I go against his word." You do and a lot." He sigh defeated, got him. " I love you guys. You are perfect for each other." That's her sister chirping in, and I blush.
We continue to chat, oder food.

" By the way, Aunty, I have received your gift through Uncle Andile, thank you." She laughs. She is selfless and bubbly. I like her too. " it's okay boo, you should visit us sometime, or we should go out and bond without Zulu."

" I hope in that bonding, there will be no males." Zulu says, sounding serious." Relax, brother, don't be jealous. But if you don't make fast and claim her or treat her right, you will lose her."

" I won't lose her. She is mine forever." He looks at me and licks his lips, and I blush. "Get a room. It's hot in here. I should call my husband, I am burning from the candle." Her sister whines.  I shyly hide my face.

My phone rings. " Sorry, I have to take this." I answer the call, and after talking with the person on the line, I hang up." I have been summoned to home now. They say it's urgent. I have to leave you guys." I kiss my man and say goodbyes to Aunty and promise to call her.

I wonder what is happening at home. I pack my car at the garage and head to the lounge. I find everyone seated. By everyone, I mean my brother's sister, Mom, Dad, and a man whom I don't recognize.

"I came as fast as I could, what is happening. Good day, Sir." I greet the man after I find space to sit. I sit next to Muzi, but mom calls me to sit next to her. It is tense in here what's happening.

" My baby, this man here is Mr Mabaso. He is my friend in everything. Mr Mabaso, meet my lovely daughter Nontobeko." Mr Mabaso nods. " Mr Mabaso and I we share almost everything, He has 50% shares in four of my companies. He wants to take out and sell his shares to our biggest enemy. "

I have never seen my day so hurt and defeated like this. My mom is so warned out. Nkanyiso is blank, Nonkanyiso and Muzi are shocked like me."He offered to not do that on one condition. Nontobeko, my baby." This can't be good. I stop him from going further. "It is okay dad, you can sell the gifts you guys gave me surely we can buy him out.

I'm so angry at this man right now. " No young lady, it is you whom i want." The old man says proudly. What. I feel my world shaking. "Shut up Mabaso, you said you will let me speak to my daughter." This man here wants you to marry his son in oder to save us."

I have seen it all, I feel like I am dreaming hoping that somebody will wake me up. Wait no one is. "No one will wake me up from this nightmare?" My moms sit here brushing my back. I look at Nkanyiso for help but no he just shake his head in agreement.

"No father, there should be other way. Nontobeko is a child." My sister says defending me. "I am sorry Sis Ntobs." Muzi say helplessly. " I can't dad please, I have to marry someone I love and if you really want me to get married I can marry Zulu."

"This is for the best baby sis." Nkanyiso throws in. " And you are what God?" I look at him. " Nana don't speak to your brother like that." Mom chirps in. " So you too mama support this? I understand father you are about to lose what means to you but don't I come first to you? Does my happiness not matter to you?"

" It matters, you matter Nana, Mabaso's son is good for you, has manners.." I cut him off. "Since you speak so good about him why don't you disown me and take him as your son." I am beyond angry at this point. I am hurt shattered trying to stand for myself since it looks like no one will.

"Don't talk to me like that girly, I am your father. Mr Mabaso you can prepare  yourselves. We will see you next week for her lobola negotiations." Mr Mabaso nod in agreement and leave. " What dad? Are you guys really doing this?" I throw my self down crying.

I feel broken, how will Zulu react to this." Don't you dare run, Mabaso is dangerous. He will find you within a minute." Dad says and leave. That's it I am finished, dad decided my fate which is full of sorrows. Don't I deserve love too. Am I not worth of love too. All these questions run in my head with no answers.

I carry myself up and leave. "Don't leave Nana" Mom says I don't care anymore. " let me drive you." My sister says. "Please can you all leave me alone I need space. And If you dare follow me I will do the worst." I leave them like that.

I get to my apartment, head straight to bed. Maybe it a dream I will wake up to it right if I sleep. Seems like everything and everyone us against me I can't even sleep. I call Nandi. "Pookie boo, I was about to call you please let's go out while You brother is not here. This man wants me all to himself friend." She says that in one breath.

"Friend I need you." I manage to say. "I am coming, stay put." I contusion to cry, this is painful. After a while Nandi barges in. "Friend what is going on, who made you cry? Who are we hitting?" I release a scream and cry out loud.

"Your boyfriend and dad are marrying me of." I spit out."What the hell, who does that? Have they lost their mind? Don't cry friend, I will find a solution to this leave Nkanyiso to me." I know Nandi but this issue is big. " This issue is big Nandi it's either that or dad loses everything to our biggest enemy.  That means we are all dead." She nods defeated.

" I am sorry friend." We just lay there crying together. My phone rings catching our attention. It is Zulu. " What will I say to him friend." I ask Nandi. " Nothing for now, act normal." Nandi says, but I can't he will know I am not fine. I answer it anyway.

" MaKhumalo where are you? You haven't gotten back to me since you left urgently to home." I just cry more thinking of losing him. " Zulu it is over between us." I drop the bomb and hang up.

__________________

I have no comment on this, this hurt but seems like there are no other alternatives.

Q.What would do if you were Nontobeko?