Chapter 7

Luna followed the raven lady out of the court yard and into a hall. They walked forward for a while down a corridor when she saw a statue of a huge raven. The raven lady made the slightest flick of her wing and the statue started going back into the wall.

A staircase ascended out of the ground and took the place of the statue. The staircase was one of those spiral ones that go straight up. I bet goes to one of the towers, Luna thought. She looked up the staircase. It also looks like it goes on forever, she thought solemnly. Luna looked back at the raven lady, "You are seriously going to make me climb all of that!" The raven lady looked at her puzzled ,"Of course not, what do you think we are, animals?" Luna looked at the lady's wings ,"Um... Sorta." The two of them were standing at the bottom of the stairs looking at each other.

"So, Enzo tells me you have never seen magic."

"Nope, not at all"

"Well, we will change that. We will change that a lot."

"Oh, and by the way, who are you?"

The raven lady looked at her confused,"You seriously don't know who I am?" Luna scrunched her brow,"Am I supposed to? Enzo just said 'Oh, you'll find out who she is' he is really vague. "Well," the raven lady said,"I am headmistress Chatham, or Mrs. Chatham, doesn't matter." Luna glanced at the stairs, "Are we going to talk right here or go upstairs?" "Right...I suppose we should go upstairs. You made quite a ruckus when Enzo brought you here. Students are looking everywhere for a chance to see 'the one who could come through'."

"The one who could come through?"

"You don't know what this place is do you? Because it doesn't seem like it."

"Yeah, I don't have any clue what this place is. All I know is the people here are part animals, which is pretty exciting."

The two of them walked up the winding staircase. Luna just noticed that the walls were made of black brick. 'So that's what the walls are made of,' she thought. After a few flights of stairs Mrs. Chatham blurted,"Why in the world are we walking! I should have remembered. Why didn't you remind me!" Mrs. Chatham looked at Luna then sighed. "Well we are almost to the top we might as well continue walking." Luna glanced at Mrs. Chatham, 'This woman has serious problems,' she thought. A little while later they finally got to the top of the staircase and she gasped.