Chapter 10

Miko, Argie, and Luna were sitting around a small round table. They were in a small cafeteria for the doctors and nurses. The cafeteria was open to a large room with up to 20 beds on each side. There were curtains in between the beds for privacy. At the other end of the room there was a door with no window.

"So, Luna huh? Well, do you know what we are going to do to you?"

"Yeah, but I do have a few questions."

"Well, we will give you a shot and monitor you. You will be sleeping in one of the regular beds until you show signs of your spirit animal's arrival. Once you get there you will be transferred into that room," Miko pointed to the door with no window, "then we will monitor you until you finish transforming. And yes, it will hurt ,but not that bad."

Luna looked over herself, "Welp, looks like I'm ready. You answered all my questions."

"Well good, we'll get the bed ready for you. You guys just wait right here."

Miko left and walked straight to one of the beds closest to the windowless door. She yelled for a doctor with koala ears so he could help her with the bed. The doctor rushed over to Miko. The doctor stopped to listen to Miko then ran into the windowless room. That same doctor came out of the room with a needle. He gave the needle to Miko and walked over to Luna and Argie.

"Hello, "the doctor said, "I am Dr. Birrel. I will be assisting Dr. Miko in monitoring you. We will give you a necklace that has a button on it. Only press it when you feel like you are changing. When Miko is ready she will call you over. Stay here until she is ready."

Luna and Argie were left by themselves once again until Miko started walking over.

"Alright, you can get in the bed that I set up. Argie, after I put the medicine into her you will watch her until I get back. Is that understood?"

"Yes sir!" Argie said loudly, saluting.

Luna sat on the bed and put her arm out. Miko grabbed the capsule of medicine and started filling the needle.

"Alright, you ready Luna?" Miko said.

Luna nodded and clutched the bed with the other hand. The shot wasn't that bad but still hurt. She laid down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. She closed her eyes as sleep took her.