Chapter 3

June 14th, 2022, 6:00

I headed down to the gym to get a little workout in before breakfast while Ella slept. 

I started by running a quarter of a mile on the treadmill to warm up before I started doing a core strength workout on one of the mats.

I was doing situps when SHE lay next to me.

"What?" I said harshly. She just continued to stare.

"Well, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." She said after a while.

"What do you want, Toone?" I said standing up to continue my workout by doing burpees.

"I just wanna ask you something?"

"And what is that something?"

She took a deep breath before replying. "Why do you hate me?

"Wha-?" I stutted unsure of how to reply.

"I don't know, I just feel like you don't like me or something," she said getting up to stand next to me. VERY CLOSE TO ME.

I just ignored her not knowing what she wanted me to say while starting my single-arm plank.

"You still haven't answered my question."

"I don't wanna. Leave me alone."

She then proceeded to poke me while saying "I think you should answer my question."

"Don't start" I said trying to figure out what she was trying to accomplish here.

"Don't start what?"

"Just don't, " I said while going over to the weights.

"Nice abs," She said following me over to the weight area of the gym where I lay, starting to do overhead weighted sit-ups.

"Why do you sound so surprised, don't you have one?"

"No, no I don't, but I'm working on it."

"Cool, good for you," I replied, sitting up and grabbing a slightly heavier weight.

"Again, why do you hate me Madison?"

"Ella, please stop." but this comment just led to her continuing to just stare at me.

While putting down the weights I said, "You want me to answer? I don't hate you, okay?" I lied hoping it would get her to leave me alone. And it worked she left me in peace for the rest of my workout.

____

17:30

I decided to call my Nanna to tell her all about how my first day at camp had been.

"I got to know most of the team. I'm hoping I'll get to play in one of the games. I'm so excited. We're playing Belgium first, then Netherlands, and then Switzerland." I told her in Dutch.

"Just keep working hard, like you always do. Then hopefully you get your chance. But don't forget to also have fun, but it's not worth being there if you're not going to have fun and enjoy it." She said.

That's what she always says. To have fun.

"I will."

"And while having fun and working hard, you'll be able to show how valuable of a player you are."

"I will," I said with a huge smile on my face.

"Well I'm sure you're busy doing whatever you do on camp so I'll talk to you later."

"I love you. BYE."

"Keira said she's found a good restaurant, do wanna go eat or something."

"If Keira is going, sure."

"I'll ask her," She said while getting her phone out.

"Is it expensive? Cause I'm broke if it is." I told her.

"That's okay. I'll pay or you." She said.

"Really?"

"Yeah"

"Thanks," I said. 

"Wear something that's not workout clothes though," she said a little quieter than she normally speaks like she was scared of me or something.

"Is this alright?" I asked.

"It's brilliant."

I put on the outfit and fixed my hair.

^Outfit

I can not believe I just agreed to go to dinner with her. Thank the Lord Keira's coming otherwise this would be awkward.