Chapter 18

19:00

Madison's POV

We just finished training and everyone decided to eat out.

Ella and I still haven't talked. Throughout the whole of training, we didn't even mutter one word to each other.

I still had to make the decision on whether to act upon my feelings for her or pretend I didn't have any.

I was going to tell Alessia and Georgia my decision as soon as Ella was around. Today was just a whole mess. even at training. Everyone was tired, and we were all having to push through how tired we were, and everyone was making errors we don't normally make. 

At dinner, me and Ella sat on the same side of the table with Georgia and Rachel between us. Alessia sat across from me, Keira next to her, Fran next to her and Lucy across from Ella.

When Lucy questioned me and Ella why we were talking, I just put my fork down and stood up.

"I'm going to the toilet," I said.

"I'll join ya," Alessia said following me.

"Did something happen with you too?" Rachel asked Ella as we were walking away.

"Nope nothing," Ella replied.

I whipped back around towards the table but before I could say anything Less grabbed my arm and dragged me towards the bathroom.

"Let's relax and not blow up in front of the restaurant," she said once we were in the bathroom.

"I know," I replied.

"Especially with all the people who have already recognised us."

"I decided what I'm going to say to Ella. I'm going to -" I was saying until Alessia threw her hand over my mouth as a toilet flushed.

"Good catch," I said as the girl came out of the stall.

Me and Less just stood there quietly waiting for her to leave.

"You know there's 2 stalls open," She said pointing at the open stalls.

"Umm," I stuttered not knowing how to reply.

"Wait you're that football player, the new one." She said.

"That's me."

"My sister loves you. She's going to the game on Monday."

"Tell your sister I say hi. How about a selfie?" I said.

"Really?"

"Yeah,"

"She's going to be so excited. Thank you!"

"No problem," Alessia said as the girl left.

She quickly checked all the stall to make sure they were empty before asking.

"So. What are you going to tell her?"

"I'm going to tell her no. That I can't do this yet. I know this is right, not that I want it to be." I sighed.

"That was hard for you to say wasn't it?"

"Very,"

"Well if it feels right then go for it," She said putting her arm around me.

"I mean, my parents don't even know I'm gay ... only you and well her"

"I think a few people know, Mads,"

"What. Who did you tell?"

"No one. I just heard Lucy say it to Rachel and Fran,"

"Great," I said walking over to the sink. "How did she know?"

"She just guessed,"

"Brilliant," I replied sarcastically.

"She said it was obvious,"

"Well, I'm going to tell Ella tonight."

 "What's taking you guys so long?" Georgia said bursting in.

"Everything okay?" She asked me.

"Eh,"

"Talk to me,"

"Let's just back to eat. I'll tell you later,"

"Alright,"

----

21:30

Madison's POV

The rest of dinner was pretty awkward, I think those who didn't know what was going on were pretty confused and could feel the awkwardness going on.

Alessia tried to distract people from the awkwardness and so was telling millions of stories about her boyfriend while Georgia teased her causing Less to get a bit mad. Ella and I obviously weren't talking and everyone continued to ask us millions of questions about it.

"Ella, what was Madison like in school?" Rachel asked.

"Well... She was kinda a bad girl. She always wore a leather jacket over her uniform. All the boys were over her. She was a big athlete. She played netball and football. Towards the end, she got a tattoo that all the school could talk about for days. But she never actually did anything wrong, so I don't know where the name really came from. She never drank or broke any rules other than the tattoo."

"Hilarious. Everyone was in love with her." Daly laughed.

"Not much different than her fans now," Fran pointed out.

"You know, my boyfriend was a fan of mine before I dated him," Alessia said.

"Hey guys! Remember the boyfriend Alessia hasn't mentioned in a whole minute?" Georgia said sarcastically.

"Wait really?" Lucy said joining in causing Alessia to Huff.

Everyone decided after dinner to all go to Lucy's room to watch a movie except me. I thought this would be the perfect time to talk to Ella uninterrupted.

"Ella, Can you come to our room for a minute?" I said.

"Uh, sure. Continue on I'll meet you guys at the room," She said to the others before following me.

"So I just wanted to talk to you about something," I said going to sit down next to her on her bed.

"Is it about earlier? I'm sorry." She said dropping her head into her hands.

"No. Don't worry that behind us now."

"Okay. Is it about dinner because-"

"Ella, stop guessing and just let me talk,"