Chapter 5

I woke up at 8 today and like usual Ella was still asleep when I woke up, so I just left her to sleep and went down for team breakfast.

We were going to have a meeting after breakfast today to get the rest of the schedule after a light training yesterday.

I went and sat across from Lucy and next to Georgia.

"Good morning," I sighed still not fully awake.

"Does anyone know if they have yoghurt and muesli?"

"You can get it over there," Lucy replied pointing towards the buffet.

"Thanks," I replied getting yoghurt and muesli as well as some other food from the buffet before sitting back down to eat.

"What do you think the meeting's about?" Georgia asked.

"Probably about how we're going to be playing some good teams this camp and with quite a young team," Lucy said while staring at me. Before laughing and adding "And how we have this Dutch one and her best friend."

"Besties for sure," I said 'smiling'.

"Does anyone want to go in the indoor pool later?" Lucy asked.

"Why not?" I said. "You should know I can't swim though."

"You can't swim!"

"Nope,"

"What I learnt to swim before I even played football."

We continued to chat and eat for a while before Ella decided to join us. It's currently 9:00 and training starts at 11:30.

"SHE'S ALIVE!" Georgia announced loudly.

"How nice of you to finally join us, mozzarella," I said sarcastically to try and annoy her. I was having such a good morning. Ella shot me a glare that if it could kill you it would. Lucy was dying of laughter next to me.

"Mozzarella?" She questioned while I just nodded happy to get a reaction from Ella.

"You talked in your sleep last night," Ella said to me after collecting some food from the buffet.

"Did I actually?"

"Yeah," she mumbled with her mouth already full of food.

"Why don't you have a Dutch accent when you talk?" Lucy questioned.

"Um, because I'm not from the Netherlands,"

"How do you speak fluent Dutch?"

"My mom is from the Netherlands,"

"Cool," Lucy said looking directly into my eyes.

"Lucy, why so many questions?"

____

"You're going to the pool? It's going to be so cold!" Ella questioned me after training. It was a long training session with a lot of running.

"So. I wanna go swimming,"

"I Know but I know you can't swim." She replied quietly.

"Why are you speaking so quietly, it's not a secret," I replied rolling my eyes at her.

"Who else is going?"

"Why so many questions? Why are you actually all weird AGAIN." I questioned.

She didn't answer straight away and sat down before quietly and timidly saying "I was kinda hoping we could hang,"

"Why don't you come to the pool then," I questioned shocked at myself to even suggest that. I didn't even think before saying it. What is wrong with me?

"Sure" She replied with a big smile on her face, before getting her swimming costume out. "Who else is going?"

"Lucy and Georgia, but Lucy probably invited other people too," I replied before going into the bathroom to get changed.