Chapter 19

21:30

Madison's POV

"So all I wanted to tell you was... well, how do I say it?" I sighed.

"Okay..." Ella replied in a questionable tone while looking me in the eyes.

"So the other day, Lucy said something that kinda threw me," I started.

"Okay,"

"And it made me have to really think. For a while. And I wanted you to hear it from me then one of the girls," I said taking a deep breath before just looking at her a bit longer trying to get the courage to tell her. "LucythinksyouhaveacrushonmeandIdon'tknowifit'strueotnotandGeorgiathinkssotooandtheywe'resayingit'sobvious,"

"What?"

"Lucy and Georgia think that-"

"No, I somehow understood what you said but why would they think that?" She said.

"Well, I don't know they just said it was obvious,"

"How was it obvious?"

"They said the way you look at me and how you will have physical contact with me more than others and they way you act around me or something? I really have no idea though."

"Oh,"

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done this today. It was clearly a bad idea-" I said standing up to walk out of the room but she dragged me back to the bed.

"I can't defend myself. I can't deny it anymore. I do. I have since school. I thought I was doing a good job at hiding it though, no one has ever said anything about it to me. How did Lucy know."

"I'm so sorry about this. Just go back and enjoy your movie."

"No. This is more important than a movie. You still haven't told me why you're bringing this up?"

"Because I want to be open. I do like you too but I just don't know if it's the right thing right now." I said

Saying that out loud to her hurt me more than it should.

"Then why did you say anything at all?"

"I..."

She took a deep breath after my response, well lack of response. "Well now I know that the person I like likes me back but I still can't do anything about it,"

"Not nothing..." I started to say.

"Stop playing mind games with me, Lewis,"

"I'm not playing a mind game," I defended myself before turning to kiss her.

At first, it was clear she was trying to resist but eventually, after a few seconds, she gave in.

"Crap," She said breathing heavily as we pull away.

"Not bad," I said trying to not sound awkward.

"This is definitely you playing a mind game with me, but I've wanted to do that since school," She said before kissing me again, this time for even longer.

"I'm not playing mind games," I said.

"That was fun" she said not being able to wipe the smile off her face.

I just stood up and walked to the door.

"You're just gonna leave now?"

I locked the door so no one could disturb us before walking back towards her.

"It just got real, didn't it?"

"Shut up, Toone," I said before leaning back in to kiss her.

"No way is this actually happening," She said in between kisses.

"Well it is," I replied.

It got really real after that.