Chapter 10

18:00

Madison's POV

Today has been media day. The last thing I have to do today is film a video to be posted on YouTube. I'm doing this video with Ella as we were one of the youngest players on the team. 

Today as part of media we were given our kits with our names and numbers and everything like that on it for photos.

I was going to be wearing number 21 this camp. It was perfect, what not many people know about me is that 21 is my lucky number. Since being given my kit I haven't been able to stop smiling. I finally have my own name on the back of a Lionesses kit. Things really couldn't be perfect right now.

The best photo in my opinion taken today was of me, Ella and Georgia. We were trying to come up with a pose idea when Ella said something funny and we all just burst out laughing and the camerawoman managed to catch it in a photo.

We had dinner at 17:30 today. I was hoping to sit next to Millie and Keira as I haven't got to know them as much as some of the others but they still made me laugh, however, the staff decided today to assign us seats.

I got sat next to Lucy. It was pretty awkward since our last chat so I decided to get to know the person to my right a bit more instead, Alessia Russo. We've talked a few times this camp and know each other but we haven't hung out much. I'm normally hanging out with just Georgia or Ella.

Across from me was Georgia which I was excited about. Our whole table made some small talk for the past half an hour.

They just took our orders like a restaurant. I think our table was the last as we'd been sitting here just chatting for the last half an hour. I hope the food gets to our table so I can eat quickly then go to the hot tub to just chill for a bit and relax before we have to be in our rooms.

"So, what are you planning on doing after dinner?" Alessia asked me.

"Nothing much honestly. I'm planning on just going and sitting in the hot tub to relax and clear my head a bit," I replied.

"Is it alright if maybe I could come with you, We haven't hung out that much yet and we're similar ages?" she asked with a sigh.

"Sure," I said offering her a smile.

____

21:00

"I'll be back in an hour," I told Ella, heading out the door.

"See ya," She said still focused on whatever she was watching on the TV.

I met Alessia by the pool and put down our stuff before climbing into the hot tub together.

"You look frustrated. You wanna talk?" She pointed out.

"You're alright, you probably don't care,"

"Nah, go ahead,"

So I spilt everything. From playing football growing up to what Lucy said in the gym to mine and Georgia's conversation.

"Okay, I have a question," She said after not interrupting me and listening to my whole rant for the last 5 minutes.

"Go for it,"

"Do you like her? Because the way you speak her kinda suggests you might,"

"WOW Less,"

"So yes or no?"

"I'm not sure," I said taking a deep breath before continuing to try and explain to her that I grew up hating her my whole childhood and how this 1 week has confused me so much.

"Well, that's where you need to start with this. You need to allow yourself to figure out your own emotions.

"I know. But does it make me a bad person for hating her? I like her now but I'm not a bad person for that right?" I asked.

"It was all jealousy. It's clear you never really hated her, you were just jealous of her. And that's okay. You now need to move on from that. What happened in the past doesn't show what type of person you are now."

We then continued to chat for the next 15 minutes.