Chapter 14

35th Minute

Commentators POV

"Ellen White, Hemp in front of her, Mead trailing a bit ... White to Hemp ... HEMP DENIED!" Said Alex Scott,

"And Hemp is down in the box now ... Did they get the ball or was it a foul?" Said Gabby Logan.

"Medics now on..." Said Alex. "Let's take a look."

They then replay while both of the commentators look at the tackle.

"I think they got the ball. I think it was just unlucky," said Gabby.

"We can see Madison Lewis warming up on the side. This is her first call-up. She was unstoppable with the U23s. I'm excited to see how she does. She deserved this call up don't you think?"

"I agree. She's a dominant player. I'm glad she finally got her call up."

"Hem being walked off ... Lewis going in wearing the number 21. There she goes. Madison Lewis's international debut against Belgium."

"Mead in the corner, setting up her kick," Gabby said, " What a beauty of a cross, right on the head of Lewis... OH! THAT'S IN THE GOAL, ENGLAND 1, BELGIUM 0, 39th MINUTE BY MADISON LEWIS ON HER DEBUT!"

"Her first-ever touch for the seniors and it's a goal and a beautiful header at that. Look at that corner, Perfectly placed by Mead. Absolutely beautiful," Alex said.

----

39th minute

Madison's POV

It was unreal. A moment I could have only dreamed of. I did it. Stupid little me.

The 2nd I saw the ball hit the ground inside the goal, I ran as fast as I could to Georgia and jumped into her eamrs. Everyone was screaming their heads off.

"You're insane!" she said.

"That was a beautiful cross!" I screamed to Mead my eyes tearming up I hope my Nan was watching.

"That's how we do it kid." Ellen White said giving me a hug while Stanway continued to hold me in the air.

"I can't believe you," Lucy said, as Georgia put me down, doing our handshake.

I turned to the bench and saw them all screaming. This is unreal.

We all lined up to go again. I continued to grin my head off for the rest of the half.

"Goal in the 39th minute, scored by  Madison Lewis in her international debut." Said the women on coms. "Goal assisted by Beth Mead."

The crowd went wild again, and my smile got even bigger.

For the rest of the half nothing much happened.

We all jogged back into the locker room. The second I walked in every began to yell.

"I love you," said Lucy.

"It wasn't that big of a deal," I replied laughing at her.

"You're amazing," said Rachel Daly.

"Not a big deal? You just scored on your every first touch," said Georgia Stanway.

"The goal was made completely by Mead. Cheer for her," I said still smiling.

"Nope. This is your special moment. You're the one that scored." She said wrapping her arm around me.

"No need to be modest. You just scored your first goal," Keira said.

"And here's to many more!" Lucy said raising her water bottle, causing me to laugh at her.

"Many many more," Ella said, smiling at me.

"Thanks guys."

Then Sarina came in to give us her halftime talk.

"By the way, Madison congratulations!" She said.

Thanks," I replied shyly.

"Alright. Let's get some more goals," She said.

We all cheered and headed back out to the pitch.

The crowd cheered as we walked back out. 

"Let's get another," Georgia said as she walked over to me.

In the 62nd minute. I got a breakaway. I could hear the crowd going crazy as I was running as fast as I could. One of their defenders managed to catch up to me and slide-tackled me, taking out my legs along with the ball. I hit the ground hard and rolled over as I saw Beth running over to the girl and started getting really mad.

Beth continued to be angry as the ref blew her whistle saying: "She could have hurt our player really badly! She could have broken her ankle! That was a dangerous tackle!"

I stood up and walked towards her placing my hands on her shoulder and walking her away. "You need to calm down. Take a deep breath."

The ref gave the girl who tackled me a yellow as the player continued to yell at the ref saying she got the ball in which I replied.

"You didn't tho,"

She then continued to yell loudly at me to the point where she got another yellow and was sent off with a red.

We got a free kick just outside the box before we could take it though Sarina made a sub and Ella came on.

"Are you okay?" Ella asked when she reached me clearly angry.

"I'm fine. Relax,"

"Sorry I just really don't want you to get hurt, that's all."

The free kick got us nowhere and in the 78th minute, Belgium came back and got a goal. Causing the game to be tied 1-1 at normal time.

In the 91st minute, I had another breakaway. Beating the defender and creating a chance.

Ella was open. 

Was it the right pass or not? I passed the ball to Ella.