Chapter 15

90+1 Minute

COMMENTATORS

"Madison Lewis will be known as a hero after this game," Alex Scott said.

"Madison's assist to Ella Toone was perfect, and a brilliant finish by Toone. That's what you call an amazing connection," said Gabby.

"Truly. I can't wait to see what more they do together on the pitch."

-----

90+2 minute

Ella's POV

Madison's unselfish pass helped us beat Netherlands.

And her talent of placing the ball flawlessly.

I sprinted to her as fast as possible and jumped into her arms.

"You are the best!" she said hugging me.

"Nope. All you," I said kissing her cheek not thinking about the crowd behind us. Which caused her to blush.

The rest of the team ran over and celebrated with us in a huddle as the crowd cheered loudly.

As we restarted I kicked the ball as far away from our end out as the final whistle blew.

The whole team came sprinting onto the pitch and we all had one big hug.

The reporter pulled Madison and me away from the chaos for an interview.

"Both of you got 1 goal and 1 assist to win the game. Your connection on the pitch is wonderful," said the woman interviewing us.

"Thanks," we both said in sync.

"It showed in many ways on the pitch tonight, but them goals were sensational. I think everyone is looking forward to seeing what you both do next together,"

"I'm looking forward to it too. She's a fantastic player and an even better friend. She helped me through the first week of this camp," Madison said with a smile on her face.

"Thank you guys. I'll let you back to celebrate your goals."

We then ran back to the locker room to get changed before coming back out to sign some autographs.

"I hope no kids ask for my shirt. Cause I don't want to let them down," she said.

-----

22:00

Madison's POV

I got to see so many kids while signing autographs after the game. I took pictures with them and spent time talking to them too.

But now I'm completely drained. But I also couldn't shake off this amazing feeling I've got. I don't think I've stopped smiling since the game.

There was a knock at the door, "Can you get it?" I asked Ella. 

When she opened the door there was an energetic Lucy at the door.

"Hey!" Lucy yelled walking in and holding a bag.

"Hey Luc," I said sitting up.

"This is for you," she said placing the bag on my bed before laughing at me. "Have you stopped smiling yet?"

I just laughed and opened the present. When I opened it, it was a football. The same one from the game. On it was a postit note that said, 'Congrats on your first goal.' The ball had everyone's signature on it.

"Thanks," I said smiling big and hugging her. As I hugged her I noticed my eyes were starting to cry.

I wiped my eyes, trying to hide the fact that I was tearing up but Lucy noticed.

"Awww, Madison's being emotional!"

"No I'm not," I said sitting back down on my bed.

"Yes, you are. I saw you wipe your tears," Ella said.

"I broke her walls!" Lucy said sitting next to me.

"Shut up," I said turning away from her.

"Awww. It's okay, babe," Ella said getting up to hug me.

"How cute," Kelley said. "Don't forget to get your things ready. The plane leaves at 00:30."

"I forgot about that," Ella said.

"Well the coach leaves at 22:45 so make sure you packed."

"Thanks for the ball, Luc. It means a lot. We'll see you on the coach."

I then turned my attention to Ella as Lucy left.

"This hotel is gonna hold a lot of memories," I said.

"What's your favourite one?" She replied as I leaned" my head on her shoulder with her arms still wrapped around me.

"My favourite has to be the pool with you, my lifeguard." I laughed.

"I think that's my favourite too," she said smiling at me

"It was fun,"

"Well, now we get to make many more memories on the road."

"This hotel's special though because I made my debut and got my first goal."

"Yeah, I get you,"

"And we got close over these last 8 days..."