Chapter 4

June 14th, 2022 19:00

When Ella came out of the bathroom with her hair and makeup done, she really did look so beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful view in my life. 

Although I wasn't gonna ever tell her that. She's trying so hard to make me like her but it will never work.

"Ready to go?" She asked grabbing her bag.

"Yep," I said popping the p, while also grabbing my bag.

We met Keira and Fran downstairs where they were waiting for us.

"So where is it that we're actually going?" Ella asked Keira as we got into the car.

I was already starting to feel tired and drained from the long day, but that didn't stop me from feeling really excited to go out with these girls.

"Lucy, Georgia and Rachel are meeting us there as well. Fran said as we all put on our seatbelts.

"This is mad. I still can't get over I'm hanging with the team." I said 

I actually already knew Stanway for a bit, we played in the U20s together. She's super cool. She's one of the few girls I actually already know.

When we all got to the restaurant, I was feeling a bit awkward. It's not like they weren't being nice to me or anything it's just that they've all known each other for at least 2 years and I didn't so they all had memories and jokes together that I didn't quite know or understand.

"Hey guys!" Lucy said when they had finally got here.

"Luc!" Keira said. "What took you guys so long?"

I spent the next few minutes pretty much just talking to Georgia.

"Keira this place is great," Fran said.

"A salad with fries was an interesting meal" Rachel said to me as I was finishing up the last of my fries.

"Agreed," Lucy said.

"Hey, I just like fries alright?" I replied.

It was gone 9 when we finally left. I was so tired and just wanted to get back to sleep, but Toone decided to make us take photos.

"It's cold out here," I complained. 

"Your fault should have worn something warmer," She told me.

"I asked YOU and you said - " I argued back before she interrupted me.

So I started cursing her out in Dutch, and Lucy's face went from really shocked to laughing her ass off.

"Alright, Madi. Let's calm down ..." Georgia said grabbing me by the arm before whispering, "Can you calm down? And not cause a scene please."

"I wasn't causing a scene! and she -"

"I get you don't like her, but please pretend."

"But ... "

"She hasn't done anything. She just wants to take some photos" She said in a calm but direct voice.

"Okay. Okay. You're right. I'm sorry," I said, finally calming down.

"Go apologise to her not me,"

"Do I have to ?"

"Please,"

"Fine," I said huffing and walking back.

"I'm sorry..." I sighed.

"For ..." Georgia said, with her face in her hands.

 "I'm sorry for yelling at you," I said before adding. "And complaining"

"We don't have to take pictures if you don't want to," Ella said trying to compromise.

"No, It's okay, We can take the pictures," I replied tiredly.

I decided to wait in the car with Georgia while the others took pictures.

Georgia started going this whole rant about being kind or something but I swiftly fell asleep quite early on in her rant. 

A few minutes later, everyone came to the car.

"SHHH," Georgia said before anyone was able to say anything.