Chapter 17

12:00

Ella's POV

"I was lost in those blue eyes..."

Damn it Haiki.

I took out my headphones because once again, these song writers have gotten too specific.

I'm not sure what I'm angry about but I was.

"You alright, Ella," Madison asked.

"UGH,"

I stared up at the ceiling to avoid talking to her.

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Nope,"

"Alright,"

The silence didn't last long though.

She got off her bed. I thought she was just going to hang out with Georgia and Alessia, but she didn't. Instead, she laid down next to me.

"You're going to be the next big thing you know," She said trying to cheer me up.

"Cool," I replied plainly still staring up at the ceiling.

"Hey. That's meant to be my thing. Don't be Madison towards me." She said with a giggle.

I choose not to reply with words and just grown.

"Why you all angry at me?"

I chose to ignore her question. But when I didn't reply she sat up and stared down at me.

Why am I acting like this to her?

I should have just said 'I don't know' and moved on but the real reason is I don't think my 'crush' is just a crush anymore.

Madison's blue eyes were looking directly into mine. I felt that stupid blush on my stupid face as she looked at me. She looked at me with that smile of hers ... she really is just perfect.

"I'm not being angry," I chose to reply after a while.

"Then what's up?"

"I'm just tired"

"Take a nap then,"

"I don't want to be sleepy for camp,"

"Would you rather be tired and angry towards people instead?"

"True,"

"Come on. I'll take one with you," She said lying back down next to me and wrapping her arms around me.

"Madison,"

"Shhhh,"

"Madison,"

"Shhh,"

"Madi-"

"SHHHHH,"

"Madison PLEASE!" I yelled.

She didn't say a word and just moved away from me.

"What's going on in here?" Alessia said, walking in with Georgia.

"Nothing," Madison replied.

"But you were yelling?" Georgia said, looking towards me.

"It was nothing I was just being a bit dramatic," I replied.

"Okayyy," The girls said confused but left anyways.

"That was weird," I stated.

"What was that for?" She asked.

"I don't know what they were doing?"

"no with you!"

"What do you mean?"

"You angrily took your headphones off, then you got all mad at me, then you turned me down which is weird cause you always like it normally, and then you acted like nothing happened!" She yelled

"Where are these accusations coming from?" I yelled back.

"You're hard to read emotions is where!"

"Why are you even trying to read them? You don't even like me!"

"Wha-" she stuttered, tears forming in her eyes. "You think I don't like you? After everything? After all the nice things I said to you, which I very much meant? You still think I don't like you?"

"I didn't mean it like that-" I started to say but she cut me off.

"No. Maybe I do take back everything I said to you last night because clearly, everything I said meant NOTHING TO YOU!

At this point, Alessia and Georgia came running back in.

"I take it all back. Everything. I CAN'T STAND YOU!" She yelled, tears now streaming down her face.

"What the hell is going on?" They both said at the same time.

"I get this one you get that one," Alessia said with a sigh and went towards Madison while Georgia came towards me.

"I don't know how to handle this," She said sitting next to me looking uncomfortable.

----

12:15

Madison's POV

"What happened there?" Alessia asked me taking me into her room to calm me down.

"She got mad ... And was being ... mean," I said still crying. "I didn't understand. I was trying to be her friend."

"And you are friends. I think you may both be tired because yesterday was long. I know I'm tired. You should take a nap." She said.

I just started crying again, not really knowing 100% why. I'm crying so hard that when I try to talk no words come out just sobs.

"I was going to say you should go talk to her but maybe that should wait until you calm down,"

"Okay,"

She just pulled me up to her by the headrest and let me rest my head on her shoulder as I cried.

After about 5 more minutes I had started to calm down again.

"Listen, I know it has nothing to do with me, but what actually happened?" She asked.

"I am going to be honest, I have no idea. I thought she loved hanging with me and I thought that she had a little thing for me. But clearly not. She just completely pushed me away even when I was just trying to be nice," I started. "And I have no idea what to think because of everything I told her yesterday, before the airport. I don't know what to feel, and I certainly don't know how she feels." I said tears coming to my eyes again.

"You don't know how you feel?" She asked.

"No,"

"Well do you like her? Is she just your friend?"

"Yes,"

"Can you see yourself liking her as in more than a friend?"

"Yes,"

"Well, there you are. You do know how you feel,"

"I guess. Thanks, Less. But I still don't know what to think! What do you think?"

"Well, that you're smart, and that you will figure this out, and what you decide will be the right decision,"

That didn't really help. I still had to make that decision.