Chapter 15: Scotland Yard

"There we go, Miss. All the clothes from the latest collection at Gladrags, Tobbs hopes you'll like them. Mr. Hill was very attentive, choosing only the best." He informed her with a happy smile.

Stella didn't have it in her heart to tell him that the store clerk probably just wanted to spend all of Ominis' money. She smiled kindly at him, "Thank you. It appears it'll be just me, you, and Eden for supper tonight."

"Master is going to Gaunt Manor." Tobbs pointed out before gesturing to Eden who was curled up on the couch, "Master never goes anywhere without Eden."

"He said he wasn't taking her." Stella felt confusion bubble up in her, but couldn't ask any questions before an authoritative voice gave a sharp command from the office.

"Tobbs. Come here."

The House Elf disappeared in the blink of an eye before she heard Ominis giving orders to the creature. It sounded like the suit he wanted to wear and what gifts to bring. Stella glanced over at Eden with a confused expression.

"Does Ominis have supper with his family often?"

Eden shook her head.

"Is he close with his family?"

Eden shook her head again. Her mouth opened slightly, revealing fangs. That must be a definite no. Then why was he going in the first place?

She pressed her lips together, glancing towards the windows that proved it was barely midmorning. Ominis was fussing over clothes which might be an indication how unsettled he was over tonight's supper.

Which meant...

He would be too busy to notice she was gone.

The Scotland Yard had the clues Jack the Ripper might have left in the years since he'd been quiet. If Stella helped him solve the case... Maybe he'd let her meet Sebastian.

It was a win-win situation.

Unless Ominis found out where she was headed first.

Chapter 15: Scotland Yard

OMINIS' POV

"Hideous."

"That fabric's uncomfortable."

"I'd rather cast the Cruciatus Curse on myself again than wear that."

"Are you even trying now?"

Tobbs scratched his ear, "Tobbs thinks it would help if Master was more specific about what he'd like to wear instead of Tobbs bringing out every suit he owns."

Ominis stared at him with a look that could turn even a Gorgon to stone. His words were intentionally slow and deliberate like a Serpent coiled and ready to strike, "Would you like to repeat that?" Tobbs shook his head with excessive urgency and the wizard rolled his eyes, "That witch is a bad influence on you all. Especially you."

Eden lifted her head from the desk where she was situated under a lamp to keep warm. Her tongue flickered out briefly, regarding him steadily. 'That's bold of you to say considering you're using the excuse that I need a babysitter for her to stay at your house. When have you ever left without me?'