74: he knows a guy

"Yes, about last night." My father's stone face, not a hint of warmth behind his eyes. It's been that way since mum left.

"Have you found an expert?" I ask. Out talk last night was about what we should do. No many demons mangle in the affairs of others. However, it isn't unheard of for them to come to the human realm. We were discussing how dangerous George is or could be. The only reason anyone is scared of him is simply because no one knows of his kind. He hasn't gotten the sent of a demon yet seems to have demonic abilities. We agreed that a demonic expert was in order. I don't want to do this to George, knowing this was a heavy issue for him.

"Indeed I have. Yet I am to do a background check on them yet. Bruno is on that as of current." He states

"A human?" I ask, taking a seat in front of him. I needed to know that this person was going to be accurate. Don't get me wrong, humans have been right about a lot of things, yet they also get their information from things that could be manipulated so easily. I've messed with many things around on the internet and way back when I used to fiddle with books and information. People believe anything they read because what is there to not believe.

"No, actually. A demon himself." I look at him shocked. He can not bring a demon to the mansion. There would be too much at stake. We don't know much about demons, yet here he is offering to collect one off the streets and just bring them here to risk everyone's lives. Georges life. Josh's... life.

"Really, dad?! A demon. How do you even know there's a demon around?! They hate the human realm."

"Well, you see. I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a demon. Supposedly, she's a very sweet lady, I'm not going to take his word for it, though. Bruno is on an undercover mission. If he shan't return in 2 weeks, we will assume he is dead. You just keep George happy for two weeks, and everything should be all good." He explained that going through some paperwork like this isn't the most important thing happening right now.

"Speaking of times, have you heard anything from Josh's wolf pack? Anything at all? It's been a day." I asked. He always knows someone who tells him something till he knows everything that's going on. I truly think he's getting with some witch who has the ability to see everything or something.

"Nothing as of yet. Unfortunately. I'm sure your little boyfriend is fine." I replied with a hum before dismissing myself and walking away. I seriously worried about him. I need someone to check on him, but everyone seems to be busy right now. I can't go alone, or George may be left with no one. There's no saying what would happen. Yet something telling me to go to him. To help him, to find out if he is okay! He should have been back yesterday, if not this morning.

"I think I should go find him. To help them. But I can't leave George, o don't know what to do." I sigh. I need to do something. Our soldiers had already returned to the pack to help with whatever was happening there, but no one had returned. We have no idea what is happening, and it's just not normal for not having received a report yet.

"Don't be stupid, son. I didn't raise you to be impulsive. I will send a messenger to Scout around. If there is no news in a few days, it will be decided that it is a danger zone, and there is war. Your little wolf... friend, should be fine, and everyone may be held up with war and not getting bitten." I know dad doesn't like Josh, but he'll get over it eventually.

"Fine, I'm going back to George. Get back to me when you can." I leave his office and head back downstairs to the littles and their playdate.

* * *

"NOOOO STOOOPP ITS MINE!!!" I heard the beginning of a chaotic scene.

"Please, no screaming, lilah!" I heard Charlie sigh.