Eagle eyes, crimson orbs

Hutao took the book out from her bag and handed it to Xiao, not meeting his eyes. Shouldering her bag, she started to walk down the peak, getting faster and faster each time, until she was practically running away. 

She started running down the peak, still shaking slightly.

Xiao tried to look coldly at her, but it was unsettling and hard to see the resident prankster looking so disturbed. "I-I didn't mean to hurt you. Are you alright?" He ran after her. 

Reluctantly, Hutao stopped in her tracks and turned, her face tear-stained. "Aiya, don't worry about me! I'm fine!" She wiped away her tears and forced a smile. 

Xiao did not believe her.  "You don't look fine."

Hutao tried to beam at him. "I-I'm fine! Nothing's the matter~" She avoided his gaze and tried to walk down the path again.  

Xiao stepped in front of her and put a hand on her shoulder. "Look at me." Their eyes met, Xiao's honey coloured eyes, sharp like an eagle's and merciless, and Hutao's crimson and cinnamon coloured eyes with a blossom, still glistening with tears. "I'm sorry," Xiao said.

More tears went down Hutao's face and, overwhelmed with emotions, she buried herself into XIao's chest before she knew what she was doing. Xiao took her hand for a few moments and they broke apart. 

"I'll go to the harbour now," Hutao said in a softer tone, missing Xiao's arms wrapped around her.  She began to make her way down the twisted path, now draped with shadows and darkness. "Will you go with me?"

Author's note:

Hope you guys like it and I'll try to post daily!